Whats In Your Coil?

Excellent post Strick! 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, strick said:

I got another x ray  generator couple weeks ago....

I'd say!  You obviously have a super high quality imager, too.  Back when I was 'playing' with X-ray an generator (25+ years ago) we had an interlock on the door to the room where it was located.  You weren't allowed (supposed to be) in the room when the generator was powered on.  Clearly you know what you're doing (or don't tell us in case you don't ?).  Thanks for the cool pics!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'd say!  You obviously have a super high quality imager, too.  Back when I was 'playing' with X-ray an generator (25+ years ago) we had an interlock on the door to the room where it was located.  You weren't allowed (supposed to be) in the room when the generator was powered on.  Clearly you know what you're doing (or don't tell us in case you don't ?).  Thanks for the cool pics!

The state has a regulatory board that sends out a X ray cop that checks the equipment every couple years..I'd like to have his job...drives around all day and does basically nothing but put a little sensor near the machines that can tell if it's putting out in the right direction lol. Then comes the bill every two years...funny thing is I know other practitioners that have never been checked before... bureaucracy at its best. I have two portable hand held units for field use...legs, necks, upper backs etc.. 

strick 

Cell phones are fun to image too, but aren't really relative here.  I thought of posting a picture of my foot here that I took on Monday after stubbing my toe on the way to prospecting, but again, probably doesn't fit the topic well enough.  Fun roentgenograms you have to show here.  ?

• Like 1

How simple that 2300 mono is, what the hell was all that about each coil being "individually" matched to each detector. Guess Coiltek put that myth away with the Extremes.

The XP, WOW that little CB is the detector in the coil...……..

Top stuff Strick, that is enlightening or should I say X-raying...…..

• Like 1

Was wondering the same thing about the 2300...there are the wires in the stem you can barely see might take another pic of that some day...my favorite looking coil so far has been the GB2 6" as Phrunt says it has fire works inside lol

Nah nothing but coil cable up the 2300 stem, I`ve pulled that end apart and fitted a standard lower shaft to the 8" to suit my modded 2300.

But that GB2 6" sure is interesting.

• Like 1

On the 10" GB2 coil, you can also see a small axial-leaded component near to the 'heel' of the inner RX coil. This is most likely a resistor, and it's joined to the single wire loop that runs on it's own between the two main coils. This makes a simple R-L (resistor-inductor ) network, which looks like a target to the coil, likely a very small low-conductivity one. This is there to help get the coil null more precise, there's only so much you can do with moving wires around.

Similar effects can be had using small bits of metal, like sheet lead, placed in 'the correct position'.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, strick said:

Heres the rest of what I have....

1. Minelab 2300

strick

Foot-Lateral-RF.jpeg

Thanks for that xray of the 2300 strick.

I always thought it was a huge coincidence that Coiltek and Nugget Finder released their flat wound coils after the 2300 came out  and it also shows why the 2300 is so sensitive to the really small stuff about 1" in from the edge of the coil    Dave

• Like 2