Who Needs A Big Coil When You Have Space Gold?

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I have another take on it.  If you had that much gold here on earth it would be worth what sand is worth ... it would be too plentiful to be worth much.

Klunker comes closer to the truth as it is like a cryptocurrency.  The commodity would be 'worthless' once here but the cost of getting it here would be GREAT!

We would have all our water containers lined on the inside with gold though. I'm kinda liking that!

Here is another 'take' on the subject matter:

We all know that there is more small gold than big gold nuggets.  Is this asteroid a small or big nugget in the scheme of things?

On 6/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, Norvic said:

If we get all that gold here and it costs say $50000 an oz to get it here, the successful miners want a profit of say $1000 an oz, and put it on the market at $51,000/oz minimum or keep it stored what will that do to the present gold price? Will it realistically do nothing, or would emotion, speculation, greed and all those other human traits that drive our markets cause the gold price to rise or fall?

Aside from that there`ll be some ingenuity applied to lighten that storage for sure.

I think we all know what happen when you have too many tulips. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

• Like 2

An interesting read.

As another 'aside' when considering costs of recovery and costs associated with space travel we will consider those costs in this case as high but we seem to think colonizing Mars will not be expensive!  We can just easily finance an escape to Mars or some other place in the near future.

I think we are stuck here longer than some people want to think.  haha

MN totally off subject but I`m curious, what is that shaded x that comes up "Ignore signature preferences" when one runs the cursor over it, in your posts. Probably a dumb arse question but I`ve just got to know.

On ya Phrunt, nah I`m not sick of MNs signature, just curious.

Guest AussieDigs

Or was the Earths gold formed in situ from the minerals of outer space? Just add water!

If conventional thinking cannot explain the facts, old ideas must be abandoned and new hypotheses considered. The possibility that nuggets can grow in situ from groundwater solutions deserves serious consideration. There is ample evidence that gold can be transported in solution and deposited elsewhere under the low-temperature, low-pressure conditions which prevail at the Earth's surface. Such evidence includes a brass cartridge lying in mine water being completely replaced by gold (Tasmania), a $20 gold coin being recovered from a stream after several decades coated in gold crystals (Alaska), gold impregnations in coal and fossilised wood (Ballarat), gold inside a fossil shell (Croydon, Queensland) and iron concretions in a nugget identical to those in the surrounding soil (Coolgardie, W.A.).”

http://www.pmav.org.au/stories-a-reports/triangle-gold