You're on a roll lately strick! What a nice ring.

• Like 1

Congratulations!   A perfect illustration as to why I never notch out anything and hunt in all metal on our Florida beaches.  ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Congratulations!   A perfect illustration as to why I never notch out anything and hunt in all metal on our Florida beaches.  ?

Same here in New England. I dig more than most hunters here, but I learn a lot from it too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

You're on a roll lately strick! What a nice ring.

Thanks Phrunt the place I got it at is loaded with bottle caps in all different stages of decay...I've probably dug well over a thousand at this spot over the years. That was my second gold ring at that spot so it finally paid off...it's the biggest gold ring I've found to date...

strick

• Like 1

That's the sort of ring I'd find here due to it's ID numbers, even cherry picking $1 and $2 coins I'd find that one.  They come up 21/22 on the VDI's so I dig either side of that obviously.  It's how I found my Lord of The Rings One Ring which was 18k and about 14 grams I think, it came up 20 from memory, virtually the same as a $1 coin.  I was never going to miss it.

My 1.2 gram gold nugget came up as 15 on the VDI's so it just goes to show the bigger the gold nugget or more gold in a ring the higher the VDI's, it can easy get to the 20's.

• Like 3

You guys have some serious beach over there...dont know if you seen this thread?

• Oh my! 1

I'd never seen that post, I'm a bit surprised by it, finding it pretty hard to believe, our beaches are pretty empty of people... but then again we have some freezing cold water that is bound to make any finger shrink and the rings fall off ?

Maybe the North Island is a bit different to the South, I'd never been up that way other than an airport stopover.  North Island people have a 3rd eyeball I'm told.

The guy was probably first to use a detector on the beaches with finds since European settlement.... very few detectorists here.

• Like 1

That is a very nice find. I hope you find many more.

It seems people here are too poor to drop rings. Not even found a silver coin yet.. LOL

• Haha 1

That is a very nice ring.?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By strick
      On Friday had about an hour and a 1/2 to kill between calls. The heat has been unbearable so I went to a local swimming hole And using my Excalibur with 8" coil had one of my best and shortest hunts ever. The bracelet and ring are 14K the little ring with this pink stone is silver the men's wedding band is junk..
      Strick

• By dan_h
      Local park, E600 with 11" coil and running default Park2, got a 16 on the meter.  There was a bracelet on the surface but hidden by the grass.  I guessed it was copper.  Searching the name on a tag hanging from the bracelet, Alex and Ani showed a wide variety of bracelets.  I'll guess this one cost $28 or so.  Then switched to Park1 Cherry Picking and found some recent drop coins.
    • By Poul1959
      Hey. 
      The girl lost her wedding ring in my city. Posted by .. help !!!

Hello, the wedding ring was lost, if someone found it, please return for a fee.
      Just helped .. Found it and gave it to the girl.
      found on the playground )))

• By The Seeker
      I got out for a few hours to one of the beaches I like to plunder. I got a nice VDI on my equinox and this beauty jumped into my scoop.  The other two rings a junkers.  It was a good day to be out.  Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

• By The Seeker
      They say “the early bird catches the worm”, but how early are we talking here?  I have been trying to make it to the beach two hours before low tide but by the time I get there somebody has already been there.  The beach looks like it was bombarded, there’s open holes everywhere and junk targets laying besides them. It’s been hard trying to find the good stuff when there’s so much competition but I’ve managed somehow.  Anyways, these are my good finds for July.  The last 4 rings and heart are gold.  The very last picture of a single ring appears to be silver with a little gold. I also found a working GoPro 6 in the water.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By Skookum
      Not too shabby for an Arizona weekend. (We don’t have the old stuff you others have got in the ground.) Three straight days of detecting yields an 1898 Barber Quarter, 1945 Mercury dime, 1951 Franklin 50 cent piece, Utah state tax token, 13 Wheat pennies, some other trinkets, and a 14k gold/platinum setting diamond ring. Not shown here was also a serial number stamped on a plaque from an 1880s sewing machine and a whole pile of other junk. I’m most excited about the Barber and the 50 cent silver. The quarter was about 6-7 inches down and on edge. It sounded good both ways, but swinging inconsistent numbers on the Equinox 800 in Field 1 with the 15 inch coil. I surmise the yard had been cleaned out before even though the owner thought it had not. That was one of it’s only few coins in 8 hours of detecting it—and the yard was massive. Conversely, the Merc., Franklin, and most of the Wheats came from the another small 8’ by 16 ‘ front yard that took only a couple of hours to detect. The diamond ring came from the old school house. Left by someone else unwilling to dig a repeatable number 12 target. Can’t wait to do it again, but going to need some muscle recovery time from all those lunges and precision digging.