Close Call Today

1515Art

2 hours ago, kac said:

A lot of contract fires start from plumbers. They now have solderless joining system that uses collars but don't think all the plumbers changed over.

Boston had a nasty fire that was caused by careless plumbers and another fire that was from some welders. You would thing these guys would put some sort of fire resistant matting behind their work like fiberfrax or even some Kevlar cloth.

Houses so close that could have turned out way worse. Glad your safe!

You’d think there’d have it all covered by now it’s not like these things hardly ever happen the collar system sure sounds like a good idea and fiber is great stuff I use it with my kilns you just have to be careful with the dust.

12 hours ago, strick said:

Geez Clark thats one big fire...glad everything is Ok...I'll bet you were running around looking for your old fire captains helmet when you first noticed it. Was that new construction or were they renovating that building? 

strick

It’s new construction just a month ago my son and I were driving back from the gym and as we drove by the complex I’d mentioned to him for no particular reason other than the obvious that it was ready to burn. 

I was running around alright, chicken little, not much to do but hope and get as much ready as possible and it was going to happen pretty fast or not at all so time and packing were pretty limited. We would have lost a lot of artwork and most of my ceramics years of work both my work and friends art.

It’s exciting and satisfying when everything goes according to plan but I don’t miss the stress and responsibility It took a lot of years for me to be able to relax when an emergency like these happen every beep, bell or alarm would affect me now it just feels better to watch.

and... I gave all my hats away probably could have gotten a couple hundred bucks for the leather helmet be a down payment on one of them Russian coils for z.