Who Makes The X-coils? Who Sells Them?

Going back in the 80s, I`d just spent a few very successful  days in deep (for that era) ground with a Dtek 14" Concentric on an A2B, anyway that night decided to attend the van parks nightly sit around the camp fire and share my opinion of this coil. Announced that I`d had good success with the newly purchased Dtek coil, was asked by one patronising individual to show or no believe, I just answered I don`t show. Said individual then started talking of his experiences and generally shouted me down. No skin off my nose as the weight in the pocket was real, but first and last time I bothered with such gatherings. 

It is for this reason I asked Steve a few weeks back to consider including coil reviews whether positive or negative in the Detector review database, to just simply allow people to judge quietly and as said before we are all over 12 thus can make our own minds up. I`ve given my opinions on the X coils as a private individual, each one I have once, Steve has removed the nuisance posts from my thread as I requested, because that is what DP is about, I`m happy with that, and will keep on reviewing on DP.

Whoops Jasong has replied, but I`ll send, keen as to see Jasongs review.

• Like 4

Flak, I haven't made a patch lead yet, my coils are still in transit from Russia. I'll make the patch once they get here and I know I have them in possession before cutting the cord. I have all the materials though.

The connectors are (or were) available off Amazon for anyone out there like myself in the middle of the boonies.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Since several people all seem determined to ignore several other people or variously have problems with what others are posting then read this...

How To Ignore Users On The Forum

Steve I'm a big believer in democracy. I'm more than happy to put 'Leave' or 'Stay' to the vote and let readers decide if they like or dislike my forum presence. A 'Leave'would sure save me a lot of time and you a lot of editing of posts and others the need for blocking.

JP

When posts are pushing the discussion forward and don't get personal, nasty or pissy, they work for me. This topic has attracted a wide band of experience and a whole bunch of opinions - which means it's potentially volatile. I pay attention to this forum to learn a lot and contribute a little. The wording in posts is everything. I would hate to lose the educational value that comes along with tough subjects like this just  because someone decides to get personal. These days we have Facebook and Twitter for that stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Steve I'm a big believer in democracy. I'm more than happy to put 'Leave' or 'Stay' to the vote and let readers decide if they like or dislike my forum presence. A 'Leave'would sure save me a lot of time and you a lot of editing of posts and others the need for blocking.

JP

Opinions in a democracy should be fostered.  Silencing an opinion about how and why a product works with voting is a misuse of democracy.  No one has demonstrated a misrepresentation but instead has focused on different standards of performance.  I'm sure we are all soon going to be tired of the subject and will move on to the next Minelab innovation, leaving this topic behind.

I vote we don't take a vote!  haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest AussieDigs
3 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

JP

No Jonathan thats not how it works!

If someone has an issue with a post of yours posted within the guidlines of a particular forum, its just that.....their issue. They have choices. They dont have to read it,  they can place you in their ignore list.

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I vote we don't take a vote!  haha

I agree.   

I'm here for knowledge sharing and I value all contributors reviewing/helping/suggesting about all sorts of prospecting related issues as long as they are coming from the angle of trying to help fellow prospectors.  

It can be terribly hard to gauge intent from the written word.  As childish as emojis may seem I often use them simply to try and ensure that what I am writing is not read with the wrong intent. 

I value your knowledge and contributions JP and I think we would all be worse off for you leaving.  

Onward and upward  ✈️  ?‍♂️  ?