Who Makes The X-coils? Who Sells Them?

12 hours ago, jasong said:

Data can be measured, it's how its interpreted that often matters to us.

Absolutely!!!  Interest rates are down - that's wonderful says 1 political party.  Interest rates are down - that's terrible says the other political party.    Same data - different interpretation.  

I believe this sort of disclosure should be sentence #1 in every review.

Absolutely again.  

In this case, I didn't even have to bring it up, X Coils just said flatout there were no expectations.

It is refreshing to hear  ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Steve I'm a big believer in democracy. I'm more than happy to put 'Leave' or 'Stay' to the vote and let readers decide if they like or dislike my forum presence. A 'Leave'would sure save me a lot of time and you a lot of editing of posts and others the need for blocking.

JP

The forum is not a democracy. I do the best I can moderating and people can participate or not as they choose. I am for waiting until the morning when everyone realizes these are metal detector coils, and not worth the effort of fighting over. They are experimental, work in progress, buyer beware, hand made by a nameless supplier with no website, might work great, might not, no sympathy if your detector blows up, blah, blah, blah. Has anyone not got that message yet? No? Fine, maybe we can all move on now. Or go a few more rounds if anyone still has the energy for it. :smile:

Carry on....

• Like 1

I love it. It was a huge leap for me to buy an equinox, sand scoop, and a used wetsuit. This is like lifestyles of the rich and famous for me! (I decided that was nicer than comparing it to real housewives of Beverly Hills ?)

• Like 1

By now most of the posters in this thread are known by their unique posting "voice." It's their personal method of writing that we all (mostly), understand where it's coming from. Some are - for lack of a better term - more 'direct' than others. That doesn't delegitimize what they are trying to get across. I like that it's not a democracy, this is why I am here; we are required to stick to clearly set-out ways of talking to each other. By posting we are tacitly accepting those guidelines.  

• Like 5

Thank you JP.  I agree with this the most:

Coil weight, size and shape are more than enough reasons to justify the X coils because they are seriously lacking with the GPZ, in a lot of ways Minelab have brought this problem onto themselves for not addressing this HUGE need in a way that is palatable for the faithful end user. The ball is now right in Minelab’s court about how they proceed going forward

I know for a fact that Minelab knows about this forum and this thread among others.  I sent the sales department an email about this discussion as a loyal Minelab owner.  I want them to know and respond.  That was two weeks ago and there has only been more conjecture but no response from anyone at Minelab.

Mitchel

• Like 1

While the standard of Minelab coils have been quite good up till the GPZ19", it has been the exception. Remember that when the GPZ first came on the market with its 14" coil we were promised a larger, lighter coil, and what we eventually got was over rated, over priced and definitely over weight. 

I can't imagine that Minelab will sell too many of those 'woofers' now, and for that they only have themselves to blame.

• Like 2

As most private individuals who have X coils have said on this forum, the X coils we have are not knock sensitive, handle the ground conditions we use them under and are very good gold producers, as well as/ or better then MLs coils. Their sizes are what we sought, the 15X I have being the only one close to MLs 14" is a slight bit heavier but it is a fair bit larger, refer to photo on my 15 & 12 thread. The only con I`ve found so far is it sucks having to make a patch lead. It is obvious to me from their performance the fellow making them knows what he`s on about no doubt, and for a "backyard" operation to show up ML in the coil department says it all. 

I am sorry Steve if standing my ground on this causes you some grief but it is time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I know for a fact that Minelab knows about this forum and this thread among others.  I sent the sales department an email about this discussion as a loyal Minelab owner.  I want them to know and respond.  That was two weeks ago and there has only been more conjecture but no response from anyone at Minelab

Yeh, that was why I started that "I don`t understand what Minelab is doing" thread.   Minelab has never been big on giving out information, but with this coil thing it seems like Minelab is making a point by not saying anything.             I still do not understand ☹️

• Like 2