Nokta/Makro Simplex Will Be Here By October

I’ve coin hunted for years with a single frequency detector and have the coins to prove it works. Now on the videos I’d like to see a depth test . In ground are air I’ll come to my own conclusion about that .

Guys talking about buying the Simplex as a backup detector but if this detector is as good as it sounds it could move to head of the class.

Chuck 

Welp.....if they make it "too good" they'll undercut the sales of their higher tier(margin) products.  So it's time to thread the needle and be competitive against similarly priced products without cutting their own throats.  Meanwhile back at the ranch they need to keep looking over their shoulders at what Minelab is going to release from the chute.  This Fall looks to be interesting!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tomorrow I go out with my drone detector to scan this 10 acre field. Then it sends back the location of all metal objects plus the GPS locations. The only thing left for me to do is grab my hand held GPS and a digging tool .

The only problem I see is I won’t live long enough to see it .

Chuck 

Write this down on the wall this is the year  of movers and shakers. The only problem I see with all these new low cost detectors and what they offer is everybody plus their sister will have one . 

I’ve always told anyone wanting a detector is buy the best they could afford. What I did pay back when I can get the same detector for half price now . I know we’ve always had low cost detectors but nothing like we going to have in the year 2019 offering so much.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I think Ace will still be on the market .. and a lot of people will detect them with them ..- I use ace 400i ...
  Put it on the telescopic pole and it will be sold again.

Simplex .. according to me, there will be a country ground balance .. but waterproof, telescopic rod and 11 "coil are good things ... for 300 euros.

don't forget the new Rutus ...
and Wanquish is a direct response to Simplex ..

If Vanquish hits before Simplex, game on.  Garrett needs to start innovating, or they are toast.  They haven't done anything interesting since they introduced thd AT series.  The AT Max is just a warmed over AT Pro.  It is a race to the bottom folks, the only market left that Garrett has significant market share.  None of these forthcoming entry level detectors interest me personally, but the detector market implications are interesting.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, Chase Goldman said:

If Vanquish hits before Simplex, game on.  Garrett needs to start innovating, or they are toast.  They haven't done anything interesting since they introduced thd AT series.  The AT Max is just a warmed over AT Pro.  It is a race to the bottom folks, the only market left that Garrett has significant market share.  None of these forthcoming entry level detectors interest me personally, but the detector market implications are interesting.

I agree and the fact is they need to let someone else who is willing to take risk like Nokta Makro and create maybe a simultaneous two frequency detector at a entry level price and about the same features as the Simplex to not go horribly overboard in cost but that would be a smart smart move or even at $100.00 more than the Simplex price.... With a format like the Equinox where you can boost the higher or lower frequency by park one and two, field and beach..... Be really smart..... That's their next move 

• 1 month later...