Second Largest Nugget Found In Arizona

Hello Rob... Yes I'm that guy. I think we met years ago. I used to spend winters in AZ around Rich Hill. The good old days on the Devil's Nest claims.

• Like 1

Rob Allison, you state that you can buy big nuggets at below spot price. Not from me you can't. I used to sell into USA for spot price and above, but now the Chinese will gladly pay spot price or better for big slugs. Times have changed.

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

Okara - Ya, the picture was a give away, plus "TxxY" told me the story. Yes, we have met, maybe several times in the last 10-15 years. Hope all is well. 

Reg Wilson - Yes that is correct.  I had several contact that were International gold buyer and there was a time when they could purchase big, Australia gold nuggets for less than spot.  Sometimes the big ones are hard to sell due to the size.  I think you are correct, those times are/were in the past, now for the most part it's spot or better, if not premium for big, unique gold nuggets or specimens.  

I know of a friend/customer that found a whopper many years ago.  The person believes the piece is worth 8-10 times spot, which maybe it really is.  However, until you get money in the hand, you can tell anyone what you "think" it's worth.  It's one of those things where you might find the perfect collector right away that is looking for that perfect piece, or you sit on the piece for a long time trying to find that perfect buyer that will give you "what you believe in your mind" it's worth.  

I'm sure we would all believe, that is shouldn't be worth anything less than the Market Spot value.  

Just my thoughts,

Rob

• Like 5