• 3 months later...

I sell both, so from a retail perspective, I can say the Quest is still the better seller, but only just. 

P.S. I like the song he used in the intro, Metallica!! kind of appropriate for metal detectors haha 

• Like 2

Wow I'm surprised to see that. I've heard that air-testing pulse detectors is no't always reliable. I've also seen other comparison videos that show the pulse dive picking things up in the ground that the quest does not. People rave that the pulse dive is better. I have never used either so I can't speak from experience yet. I'd still rather have the pulse dive based on the fact that it doubles as a pin pointer as well.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, phrunt said:

Is that due to price? The Quest is a bit cheaper... I like the design of the Nokta, as always they are innovative.

It's about $40 difference, but with the 2-in-1 you get the hard case and extra probe tip so you can use it as a normal pin-pointer. I just think it's a case that the Scuba Tector has been around longer, so more know about it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

They are now basically the same price in the U.S. and a big difference for some people may be the ability to use the Nokta/Makro wireless headphones with the Pulse Dive. That and the Pulse Dive being convertible to a regular pinpointer. As far as which is the better performer I have no idea. Out of context air tests mean little to me, especially for saltwater use, so I like the first video more as it tries to at least do the tests on the beach.

deteknix-scuba-tector-vs-nokta-makro-pulse-dive.jpg

nokta-makro-pulsedive-convertible-pinpointer.gif

• Like 1