Sign in to follow this  
kac

Quick Hunt With Couple Silvers And An Old Copper Coin

Went to one of my stomping grounds to try out my AT Pro with -5 clicks on GB and noticed the town had done some trimming revealing areas that weren't usually accessible. After an hour in just a small area I got these. The -5 on the Pro gave me more stable vdi numbers, the coins were pretty shallow <8" deep tangled in roots.

The copper coin has so much patina on it that I can barely see a face of some sorts. Thinking of sending it out for professional cleanup.

IMG_0742.JPG

• Like 8

Nice going! Its nice to see people using detectors other than the Equinox 🙂 A good collection of coins there.

• Like 1

I just happened to use my AT to test settings that I read. Happened to hit that old spot and realized the town did some trimming. Think these were so shallow and trash was so sparse could have used just about any detector there :). Just glad the little tweak really stabilizes the machine. The Nox didn't exist when I got my AT. At that time wasn't a lot of choices for all terrain machines out there. 

Any clue what that old copper might be? Scared to take a toothpick to it!

• Like 1

I soaked the old copper coin and was able to take off the patina with a toothpick pretty easily. Of course there is nothing really left. Based on it's size 22mm in dia., it was most likely a half cent.

Good news in it's poor condition even today it's probably worth at least that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had an AT Pro a couple years ago, I really liked it too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      The large coin/token was found at a school. It is the same exact coin as the smaller one that is next to it in the picture, just bigger and a couple bundles of grain, maybe (see red arrows). The small coin is a real Chinese coin that I have at home. Question is, what is the larger one? Anyone have any ideas? A good luck charm came to mind, but I could not find any just like it. Thanks for any help.

• By Dan(NM)
      Met up with a couple of fellow hunters to hunt a WW1/WW2 dump site, it was a button feast today. Also was able to score 2 mercs, a barber and a wheat. Overall a great way to celebrate Independence Day, thanks for looking.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Anybody tried it?
      Metal Detecting In The River for Treasure
      Aug 13, 2017 - Uploaded by Aquachigger Join me as I metal detect and search for treasure in the river. I find a nice Confederate artillery shell and other ...       Metal detecting a river full of silver and gold (part 1)
      Aug 13, 2016 - Uploaded by hiluxyota Went out today with Dirty Dan to a new river site , and we both left today with over 30 silver coins , gold and ...       Metal Detecting In Rivers: Tips On Finding Crossings Or Fords
      Dec 16, 2012 - Uploaded by Aquachigger A little metal detecting adventure. In it, I give out some tips on ...       Exploring an Island and Metal Detecting along the River
      Feb 21, 2017 - Uploaded by nuggetnoggin Nugget Noggin paddles out on the river to explore an island, where many people have camped out over the ...  
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Silver & Gold at its best.  I can not believe the finds some of my customers are making with their Equinox detectors.  This is the 5th gold coin (I'm only counting in US finds, not England) my customers have recovered with the NOX machines.  Brandon in UT, finds an old site and recovers a couple beautiful Seated Liberty Dimes (see pictures).  Then the following weekend (this last Saturday) he goes back to the same site and does the Holy Grail we all dream of. Yes he unearths a glimmering gorgeous 1886-S $5 Eagle.  
      I've been a dealer for 25 years and never before have I had so many happy customers making Top Quality Finds.  All I can say, is the Equinox and the Multi IQ Technology has to have something to do with all the treasures coming up.

• By Rivers rat
      Hello went back to the spot of my latest trench and decided to dig one longer,i left markers last week which were still there on thursday but were gone on Saturday ...........so i left some this time heavy enough that u need a bit of strength to move those rock.......I was equipped with the 9"HF 1 spade ,1 pickaxe and 1 Hodan pick.Weather was ok not too hot.
      The pickaxe really helped to loosen the compacted gravel,and i think with a bit of practice i will getter better at it.I detected the spoil once out ,and it was very easy with the deus to switch 
      on and off.

So i found:
      -1 Rose farthing
      -1 Nuremberg token
      -1 beautiful button from the 4th regiment of the East  India Company
      -1 roman coin
      -1 strap of some sort probably medieval.

I did found anything while refilling the trench(which is good) and i more than happy with the result as i still got 100s of trench to do on that spot but also i am the only one allowed as most of the license holders are scrapping only🍌.I also found a pretty long clay pipe

Enjoy the work out 

RR