Quick Hunt With Couple Silvers And An Old Copper Coin

Went to one of my stomping grounds to try out my AT Pro with -5 clicks on GB and noticed the town had done some trimming revealing areas that weren't usually accessible. After an hour in just a small area I got these. The -5 on the Pro gave me more stable vdi numbers, the coins were pretty shallow <8" deep tangled in roots.

The copper coin has so much patina on it that I can barely see a face of some sorts. Thinking of sending it out for professional cleanup.

IMG_0742.JPG

• Like 7

I just happened to use my AT to test settings that I read. Happened to hit that old spot and realized the town did some trimming. Think these were so shallow and trash was so sparse could have used just about any detector there :). Just glad the little tweak really stabilizes the machine. The Nox didn't exist when I got my AT. At that time wasn't a lot of choices for all terrain machines out there. 

Any clue what that old copper might be? Scared to take a toothpick to it!

I soaked the old copper coin and was able to take off the patina with a toothpick pretty easily. Of course there is nothing really left. Based on it's size 22mm in dia., it was most likely a half cent.

Good news in it's poor condition even today it's probably worth at least that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an AT Pro a couple years ago, I really liked it too.