How Far Would You Go To Find Gold?

I went pretty far!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We just had a grizzly kill a guy here in Wyoming a few months back. It was a guide with a few hunters and they weren't able to stop it, it just busted out of the woods from afar and charged them and mauled and killed the guide for no reason. That was the survivors story anyways.

Psychological or not, having a dog with me everywhere makes me feel pretty safe and I'll go anywhere to prospect with mine. Guess that doesn't help much with snakes in Australia though...

Venomous snakes in bushes might just stop me from venturing into said bushes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I went pretty far!

You flew over millions of Ozs MN, even in the sea water apparently. We are like fishermen, spend heaps on fast boats so we can drive over lots of fish in a hurry.

• Haha 2

Snakes are a concern, I`ve formed the opinion that maybe they can sense our detector coils electromagnetic field, and head off well before we get near them, touch wood I hope that`s not just a fable. Rarely see one while swinging but see them occasionally when moving along with the detector off.

• Like 2

Last Friday's hunt spooked up a 9-10 inch Red Rock (Crotalus Ruber) too young to have even one button. That's when things get dangerous, no warning. I think you Ozblokes who go bush around brown snakes must be "muy macho hombres..." HH Jim

• Like 1

Last year I was off up the other end of the station when a herd of about 30 camels crossed the track in front of me.

I grabbed the rifle, jumped out and legged it off after them in my shorts and thongs. Camels are stupid, you whack a few and they'll run a few hundred metres then stop. You catch up, whack a few more, they run a few hudred metres more then stop again.

This went on for about 1/2 an hour before it dawned on me I am in the middle of spinifex with nothing but thongs on my feet.

Carefully tip toed back to the ute weaving through the trails between the spinifex. On the way back I saw 3 Mulga snakes 1 Death Adder and a Gwardar.

• Like 4

What the heck do you do with 30 camel?

Guest AussieDigs
4 hours ago, Jim McCulloch said:

Last Friday's hunt spooked up a 9-10 inch Red Rock (Crotalus Ruber) too young to have even one button. That's when things get dangerous, no warning. I think you Ozblokes who go bush around brown snakes must be "muy macho hombres..." HH Jim

I was talking to an old logger. While felling trees with the chainsaw it was one third watching felling the tree, two thirds watching for snakes! He said in the East of Victoria where he was logging the snakes would come at you, not in the opposite direction!

maybe not the best idea but it would help to get rid of bushes and heavy overgrown: AGENT ORANGE

:laugh:

9 hours ago, Lacky said:

What the heck do you do with 30 camel?

Cull them, they are a feral pest.

• Like 2