Headphones Waterproof / Resistant Aptx-ll ?

I’ve seen the earbuds out there but not seeing headphones. I know the wireless won’t go underwater but I know plenty of times I’ve been detecting in the rain or took a rogue wave when in shallow water with the screen above water. 

I just looked around some and found nothing. It's a pretty specific combination of specs. There probably just isn't a market for it outside wireless detectors.

I have a pair of on the ear "backphone" style that are water/sweat resistant they need a beta firmware update that you can get here and can read more about them in that Equinox forum thread.  A link to the Amazon page is here.  I would wear them in the rain but probably not the ocean.

They work pretty well but are a little on the pricey side. 

Quest makes a wireless headset that supports BT APTX LL based on the specs though I have not yet confirmed this as I do not own them.  They are also water resistant and can be used in the rain and since they have protective o-rings, I would be comfortable taking them into the ocean for the occasional splash  Here is a link to the Quest page. 

Again these are a little more pricey but none of the other "generic" BT APTX LL headphones available that I know of have any weather or water resistance whatsoever.

• Like 1

The quest ones check all 3 boxes for me. I just don’t like the idea that we’ve got wireless and low latency yet we can’t even take some rain or a splash for fear of ruining them. 

Quest wirefree looking good. Wish there was more info out there or some reviews on them. I might go foe them. Will let you know if I do and how they hold up and perform. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, Voyager32 said:

I have an Avantree clip on blue tooth adapter it’s  low latency .....

Which exact model of Avantree unit is this Voyager32? Was gonna order the same off Amazon or AliExpress but want the same ones you have so I know they will work.

Thanks ~~Beav