GPZ 10" Xcoils In USA

Jin, I think it would be better to show an Xcoil opened up.  The soldier point might not be related at all to the GPZ14 soldier point.  I am surprised someone has not opened an Xcoil up yet, most people on here like to see how things tick.  Stoke Stoke ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Back on track to keep this post fully on piste, MANUAL mode will provide a LOUDER signal response compared to tracking because tracking will remove a small amount of target signal, that is the nature of an auto GB. The GPZ operates smoother in a Tracking G mode because of the DOD design and the way it reacts on an interchange in variable ground types, Tracking G smooths these interchanges out but the user has to be aware it is not infallible, you need to DRIVE it not IT you. 

JP

Now that is the little jewel I was looking for.  I don't know why I have not heard of this before.  Thank you for clarifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Jin, I think it would be better to show an Xcoil opened up.  The soldier point might not be related at all to the GPZ14 soldier point.  I am surprised someone has not opened an Xcoil up yet, most people on here like to see how things tick.  Stoke Stoke ?

Here is a photo of the internals of a 17 inch super D X Coil. Two ferrites included in this coil.

As you can see, vastly different to the Minelab coil !

Cheers, Rick

IMG_0711[1].JPG

• Like 6

Well comparing the two pics I can see what JP was saying about the wires “touching” or having no space as compared to the GPZ14.  Interesting.  Definitely can tell its hand made too, nothing wrong with that, just observing.

We know there can be problems with ferrite balance in some situations and we dont know if there is necessarily a cure for it yet... other than to use the std coil first to set ferrite and then switch over.  Another option was proposed to try up and down QT over the ferrite but nobody said it cures the issue.   

Clear?  Good.  Let's move on please.  I would like to keep this thread informative.

• Like 2