Sign in to follow this  
Dan(NM)

Celebrated Indepence Day Hunting A Ww1/ww2 Dump

Met up with a couple of fellow hunters to hunt a WW1/WW2 dump site, it was a button feast today. Also was able to score 2 mercs, a barber and a wheat. Overall a great way to celebrate Independence Day, thanks for looking.

Camp Stewart 7-4-2019.jpg

• Like 8

Dan,

Thanks for the post. Happy 4th to you. Looks like fun.

• Thanks 1

Fun! Good job.

• Thanks 1

what a day!!!!!!!!!!!Great job

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By strick
      Nothing great to report...been doing very little detecting...made it up to the foot hills a couple times searching for that gold coin but it was not to be...raining and windy here in N. Calif this morning.. The Henry Clay pendant is kinda cool learn something new every day with this hobby. Stay safe out there! 
      strick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Clay

• By dogodog
      Today I decided to break our states stay at home rule today. Now they mandated us wearing masks ever time we go outside, I call BS. I'm in the middle of a 20 acre field with no one near me for 1/4 of a mile.  I just got my new 11'' coil (AF-28) for the Multi Kruzer, which is the factory coil on the anfibio. I couldn't wait to give it a run. I started out with a couple of air tests to see if my numbers were comparable to the 11x7 and the 9 inch. The 11's numbers are a little different on gold in the 50's VS 30's on the other coils. As for other coins, silver and such, they are just a few ticks higher on the scale. I've hunted this spot a lot and thought it was pretty much devoid of finds. So today I decided to take some advise that Againstmywill posted recently, and I cut my gain way back and decided to hunt the top couple of inches of ground. Boy did it pay off, Don't get me wrong I dug a lot of trash, but this was to work out my numbers and sounds with this coil. I think this might be the best coil for the Multi Kruzer. The only downside is EMI . I thought I had a pretty good day on the coins and got a bonus silver ring, I can't complain about that. 
      I want to give a shout out to Tom Slick another forum member who recommended the 11'' coil. You were spot on
      Total Count   8 Quarters  -  7 Dimes  -  1 Nickle  -  19 Penny's  -  old iron ring,  glass fuse,  at least 100 pull tabs, brass buckle, And a nice little silver ring.
      Sometimes it's worth breaking the law!!  ( no one was hurt in making this post and Dogodog is a purely fictional character. )  Stay safe my friends!!!

• By Againstmywill
      Went to a new park today to dirt fish while my son went fish fishing. He was happy catching 3 fish in 3 hours, and I was happy finding a park that has not been hit too hard. I can't remember the last time I found over $12 in change in 3 hours of detecting, except for after when a carnival packed up and left. There were 36 quarters, 23 dimes, 11 nickels, and about 25 pennies. The 15" coil on the Equinox is no slouch at finding coins. Next time I will have to slow down and dig lots of trash to start pulling the gold rings out. If there are that many coins, it stands to reason there will be rings. Park 1, 7 recovery speed, 0 iron bias, 18 sensitivity, ground balanced, and all metal.

• By dogodog
      Thursday I decided to hunt a 1/4 acre patch of woods near a old 18th century hotel. When I first started in I noticed a couple of old detecting holes, which had me a little discouraged. Good thing I didn't leave, because after finding the complimentary trash I got a real good hit an dug it. To my amazement it was an 1864 indian head cent. Another 20 minutes later I scored on a colonial button and two old harness buckles. Off to the next spot another woodlot. I was headed across a rather large field swinging as I was headed to the woods and bingo, a great tone. Rifle shell casing in the bag. I walked 30 yards and again a good solid hit. Another indian head cent this time a 1902. Needless to say I never did make it to the woods. When I got home and looked at the shell case, it was a very rare REM-UMC head stamped  256 Newton. These were produced from 1916 to 1921. They were made from old 30-06 brass after WW1 and I believe were replaced by the more popular 25-06. Oddly I was more excited over the shell case. I think its time to grid the field cause its huge. Also it's pretty nice to snipe an 1864 coin from a recently hunted spot!

• By James35w
      A great metal detector but I am looking for new one for a beginner, I want to start to search for coins in my area