Summer Of Oz, We Surrender

Wishing you both the best... 

and from my experiences Minelab they will do their best to help you out..

They proved it to me many times in the last three of my “Outback Yank”  episodes...

Get your a.. back to AZ and find some more of those big pieces before Beatup shows up and gets them all!!!

Fantastic that you gave it a go, shame that you weren’t a little more successful.  

It is certainly a vast and inhospitable country at times.  I think that’s why I love it.  

Safe travels home.     

• Like 1

I feel your pain but I can't quite appreciate the harshness of the environment.  I had a few rain days but I always had a nice roof over my head and new mapped gold fields just a few miles away in any direction.  I couldn't get lucky with my geology understanding either.

Prospecting down there is a challenge for a Yank thats for sure.  Takes a fair amount of time and resources, as well as good Mates, to do well on the gold.  You got to scratch the itch that not many of us here in the US get to reach so Good On Ya ?   I've seen the kilometers and kilometers of bush as well, and may yet again, however just know that all your little black buddies, the fly union, will always be waiting and willing to make new friends.  Kanga tail soup is pretty good tucker too ?  Enjoy the big smoke before ya get on your flight back.  Cheers

• Like 1

Condor: You gave it your best shot - and yes,  it can be tough out west for anybody, not just Yanks.

Good luck with the detector - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 1

On ya Condor, aie OZ is a land that is mainly populated along its coastline, except for Vic & NSW, a lot of our inland has been appropriately called the Never & Never, from the book "We of The Never Never"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_of_the_Never_Never based in NT not WA but same difference if you get my drift.

• Like 2

Well Steve, it has been an adventure! You found out like I did that finding gold in Australia is no easy task for a visitor. It’s hard enough even when you have the home team advantage, let alone being in a different unfamiliar country. Still, you just never know unless you try. Nobody ever finds the big nugget by staying home. Safe travels... you have had enough adventure for one trip!

• Like 7