Summer Of Oz, We Surrender

Condor you guys gave it a good shot. Not sure anyone would have done better with conditions you were presented with. Want to particularly thank you for keeping us informed and up-to-date. It enabled us to get to know you a little and understand better why you are an exceptional gold finder here in the US - you have tenacity. The gold you guys find so frequently where you hunt in Az. is still there waiting for you. Travel safe.

• Like 1

Hey Condor,

Thanks for all the reports and at least you have done it and experienced it first hand.  For the last 20+ years I have dreamed of giving Australia a run, but due to limited time off, the business and family, it hasn't happened.  I also know, beyond just the experience, the gold is not always greener on the other side.  I guess this was always the struggle, do I take all my time off for the year, travel to OZ, give it my best shot and find out I only found a few ounces of gold if I'm lucky in 3-4 weeks. 

That being said, it would be more for the adventure and saying you at least done it.  You have done this and gave it a great go.  I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the X-coils and detector.  That would just downright suck.  

Let me know if you need help with Minelab, I will do my best as a dealer to help you get back up and running.  You have always been a close friend and loyal customer.  I still remember our hunt in Yuma with Bill Southern. :wub:

Wishing you safe travels back home my friend.

Rob Allison

• Like 8

Hey Fred,

Great to hear from you.  Ya, I know you have went many times and would agree, the experience alone is worth it.  That would be the reason I would go, in hopes of finding some decent gold, but the adventure and seeing Australia first hand would be a blast.  Maybe some day when my Daughter is out of the house and I'm closer to retirement I could see Australia first hand.  Heck, by that time, I might be too old and broke down ..... ?

Hope all is well on your end Fred.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

The gold you guys find so frequently where you hunt in Az. is still there waiting for you. Travel safe.

Ummm, I am so sorry Condor, but while you were gone kicking roos, I cleaned up all of the AZ gold.  You might as well stay there a bit longer.  Haha

As for that Oz gold, it sounds like people are just using the wrong equipment.  The reports keep saying all you need is to walk your dog and you'll  be kicking over pounds of gold.  If it were only that easy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredmason said:

Rob, I always tell people not to expect the gold to pay for the trip!

Go for the experience, for the adventure and the memories...Or go for the love of Australia.

I went three times and cherish each trip. I may go again if things get better.

regardless, I went, I seen Oz and will always be glad I did,

Fred,

If you go to WA, I'll go with you!  haha

Mitchel

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Ummm, I am so sorry Condor, but while you were gone kicking roos, I cleaned up all of the AZ gold.  You might as well stay there a bit longer.  Haha

As for that Oz gold, it sounds like people are just using the wrong equipment.  The reports keep saying all you need is to walk your dog and you'll  be kicking over pounds of gold.  If it were only that easy.

You know, that guy in Bendigo was 'walking his dog' behind a backhoe hole.  You guys could have been walking behind Paul's holes!

Condor, I’m sorry to hear things have turned out bad for you, there’s nothing worse than being in the field a long way from home with equipment failure. Gold prospecting is 90% headspace, keeping that part positive is hard enough when things are going well, being in a foreign land and having big problems really is hard work.

Like all good prospectors the world over you just need to dust yourself off, make some changes and do it all over again, hopefully more the wiser next time.

If it was easy it would be boring. ?

All the best to you, JP

• Like 7

Heh, 5ozs in 2 months aint that bad really...…….. it is bloody good going for a first trip to OZ, you must have the golden touch or a direct line to the GoG. ?