Summer Of Oz, We Surrender

Condor,  There are dreamers and then there are do'ers.    The do'ers (when they get old) are the ones who sit back in their rocking chair and tell stories to all the dreamers.  The dreamers sit back in their chair and say "I wish I would have done".  Well it is to late by then.

Thanks for keeping us informed (good and bad), and thanks for letting some of us read along on your journey to the land down under.

My only trip there (Kalgoorlie/Leonora) had big expectations and after I returned and looked at my 3 ounces, I realized the adventure and camaraderie was worth it.

After all, what keeps us going?  The next hunt.

Glad you made it home safe and have a new doodle to spoil.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, geof_junk said:

What year was that (Kalgoorlie/Leonora) Gerry.

April 2006,  The GP-3500 was the king of machines at that time.  I'll make a new post of the trip as I do not think I ever did.

• Like 3

JW I hope you had better luck than me with Grand Canyon. We stayed there for 3 Days but it was fogged in and plenty of snow, visibility was not good enough to see the bottom. Niagara Fall made up for it as  stopped for us (froze over:smile:) Our USA,  Canada and the South Pacific lasted 10 weeks and was the trip of a lifetime.

If our cruise in August goes OK we plan a cruise to KiwiLand for our 50th Wedding Anniversary in mid Feb. Don't worry we wont steal any of your NZ GOLD supply.:laugh: but hope to see your two main Islands.

4 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

but hope to see your two main Islands.

GJ, just don`t blink or you`ll miss em…………... put the axe down JW pleeeeeze...…..the devil made me say it, see you at Lords on Sunday, 

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Norvic said:

Heh, 5ozs in 2 months aint that bad really...…….. it is bloody good going for a first trip to OZ, you must have the golden touch or a direct line to the GoG. ?

I hear you.  For the size of gold in my area and my limited time to get out, 5 oz is great.  When I add up my yearly nuggets, I am aiming for 1.5 to 2 oz.  Pitiful.  But darn if it doesn't keep me trying harder.

But, yes, I know the expense to get to Australia is great.  And as the others have said, the experience is priceless.  Besides, I never include gas costs in my weigh-ins.  Condor shouldn't either. Hey... it's how you tell the story.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1