Collapsed Length With Coil On

Want to know if it will fit inside my camo duffle backpack and don’t want to have to fit the coil on  at the site of use. Could somebody measure this?

thanks

This is with the 9” round coin and the ORX. What you see measured 24 1/2 inch from end to end .

Hope this will answer your question.

Chuck 

3F029D49-FDFF-4BF9-839E-ED9C989965EB.thumb.jpeg.b1695cb33c403bd0007d8390dc6bbc34.jpeg

The coil will also fold back flat against the shaft.  This gives a more compact profile but you add the distance between the shaft attachment point to the BOTTOM edged of the coil in overall length (a few more inches).  Plus the coil and lower shaft can be easily slid off the main stem and oriented however you want for packing.  It is all pretty compact.  I have fit the whole thing into a carry on for flight no problem with out disassembly other than sliding the lower shaft and coil off the stem so I can pack each separately in my bag as convenient.  In the field, I externally strap it onto my day pack until I reach my destination.

Thank you Chase and Chuck, this is the information I wanted. The backpack I want to use will fit about 28” with no trouble. If I still don’t want to take the lower shaft out, I’ll have to fold down and rotate the coil shaft like me Chase said. Or I can separate them as it looks simple to do. What kind of lower rod clamp does the ORX have?  Durable?

You’re going have a hard time rotating the shaft being it’s square.

The locks on the shaft is not twist lock being the shaft is not round but a tab you push to lock on a flat surface.

Chuck 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You’re going have a hard time rotating the shaft being it’s square.

The locks on the shaft is not twist lock being the shaft is not round but a tab you push to lock on a flat surface.

Chuck 

Lol,  that’s funny, Chuck. Yeah, you have a point, so either I can handle the 9” coil sitting perpendicular to the shaft inside the backpack, or I just carry it sepetate and clamp it on at my site.  Really looking forward to running the detector, seeing some really good reports.  

The first picture I’m posting is with the locking tab unlocked and the other you can see a little is in lock position.

E5200C42-21E8-4F53-816C-77DFA8706476.jpeg

C6893F81-1B9D-448F-B67C-F107DD61D1F2.jpeg

Pretty sure I can fit the full collapsed ORX in my backpack and just leave the coil outside-just zipper the bag up to the coil which will lie flat along the side. If I don’t like it, then I’ll just take the lower shaft/coil off like Chase does- simply not that big a deal   

Expecting delivery tomorrow- so excited