At This Time, 170 Years Ago....

Just finished reading the Majors book once again...If you could not be there then  might as well read about it! must have been nice to walk along and pick up nuggets as big as potatoes with your hands. Could you imagine having a detector back then? 

strick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, strick said:

Just finished reading the Majors book....

Could you give more detail, strick?  Sounds like something I'd like to read.

• Like 1

Me too!

4 hours ago, strick said:

Could you imagine having a detector back then?

They didn't have GPS, cell phones, google earth, X coils, trail mix, rain coats, dentists, doctors, or this forum and me to keep them in line. It's a wonder any of them survived much less succeeded.

My fathers family came out to Ca. in 1851 from Bangor Maine and started the town of Bangor in Butte county. Thus all the family since has been cursed with the prospecting disease.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

We are the modern day Prospector.  Same kind of thinking person, same desire, same determination.  Different tools of the trade though.  We traded in water canteen for a Yeti full of cold gatorade, the dried fish/nuts for Energy Power Bars, the mule for an ATV, traded in the map for GPS, traded in the pan and eye piece for a detector.  Those folks we men and times were mean/lean.  Yes, I'm one spoiled bad ass pussy.  But at least I still get the urge to find the next one.

Thanks for the reminder Jim.

• Like 4