Couple Finds From Some Old Hunting Trails

Plan on going back, that area has almost no trash other than tons of 22 rimfire casings and old shotgun shells. Snagged a larger coil for my Tejon and plan to hit it in all metal mode.

Nice, I've been hoping for a sealed jar of coins.  But not yet

Found these today in the same area, 1908 IH and a silver button of some sorts, think it came from a hat or something. Has a post in the back of it and is pretty thin. Was pretty deep and picked up on the halo and when I first dug I lost the signal then dug a bit more and found it. Probably had some iron pin/spring that rusted away.

IMG_0750.jpg

• Like 5

I think back now on so many holes I dug and found a broken halo the lost the target and wonder if they could have been coins that been knocked on edge and I simply filled the hole back up thinking it was just a halo. Countless fringe targets I think I overlooked this way. For some reason I decided to dig a bit more even after the target was lost. This was on the fringe and being thin I had lost signal on it.

Might hit the area again this weekend, ran out of bug spray Sunday and the mosquitos won.

• 2 weeks later...

Snuck a couple hours out in the area again and found this really nice barber before the mosquitos got the better of me.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

• Like 3

Nice condition Barber quarter.  I'm still waiting on my first.  Maybe this weekend....

Thats my first barber quarter, they sound the same as the others :).

Just got back from another run through the woods and found an old gold plated hair band with pat apr 18 ??10. Guessing 1910. State of the art hair maintenance at the time.