Tele-nox Rods???

I’m honestly not seeing how a gap causes anything and I have no calipers handy. I already mentioned the channel/slot machined into the bottom of the rod -  there obviously is a gap there. The Minelab cuff mates to itself and can be assembled into one piece with no rod involved at all so it’s not like it’s a vise grip clamp on the rod. I’m sorry you are having issues but I’m not going looking for ones where I have none. If I have any problems I will be the first to say so but I honestly don’t need to be involved in this anymore. You’ve had your say. I’ve offered my opinion. Let’s see now what others have to say. I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, Thegoldenone said:

I received the new redesigned lower plastic piece yesterday but I didn't have time to post. As you can see by the photos the new piece is designed a lot stiffer with thicker crossmembers and a thicker Center Post and what you can't see is that the alignment has been changed.... the new piece I received fits the shaft tightly, the old one was loose  and fit real sloppy.... I believe he fixed the problem of breaking the equinoxes control pod inserts!

Now as to the lower arm cuff not fitting properly I have a photo included with the size of the flat spot, Steve if you could measure yours I would appreciate it?

I should know better then to buy something that was just released... I worked for an OEM for 15 years and everything new that we released would take time to work the kinks out... 

And I forgot to mention if you have one of the old style lower plastic pieces get a hold of Tony hunt and he'll ship you a new one!

Capture+_2019-08-02-06-25-38.png

20190802_063106.jpg

Hi there. The only modification was to the crossmember and centre post, the alignment didn't change as it would have required a new tool. I am not sure what is going on with the arm cup as I have not heard of any issues other than early batches has the hole too small. Have you assembled the new black piece under the handle? 

I have bought 2 of the Tele Nox stems , a Long mans and a short stem . The middle and top stems are the same in both . Only the Lower stem is longer at 29 inches . In the picture you will see an 18 inch ruler for scale . The Long mans stem is the one I am using . I think I should have bought both as long mans . The shorter lower stem is 21 inches . 

Anyway I haven't had much issue with mine. Only on one of the top camlocks when tightened the middle stem kept coming loose. I now tighten till the lugs touch and that seems to hold. Though you are supposed to only tighten the nut up when the camlock is fully open , tighten up the nut then close the camlock lever . 

When you are out in the field or beach just take the 2 Allen keys with you . Under the position just under the top camlock I wrap a small amount of insulation tape around the stem just to show it has or hasn't moved . If it does I just adjust . I seems to last a very long time before it needs it if at all  .

Other than that I have had no trouble and I have used mine in rough seas , it takes the stress . 

As after market stems go its not a bad piece of kit . I will be visiting Oz next year , and I will be taking mine with me . That's why I bought it.

The package next to the ruler it the shorter stem complete in its sleeve.

IMG_1245.JPG

• Like 2

Good info... I did not even know there were two different lengths and don’t even know which length mine is! :laugh: I just Googled and bought so will have to look info that. Was fine for length however whichever one it is, but good to know should I decide to get another.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Good info... I did not even know there were two different lengths and don’t even know which length mine is! :laugh: I just Googled and bought so will have to look info that. Was fine for length however whichever one it is, but good to know should I decide to get another.

Just measure the lower rod. If 21 inches , that's standard. I think there is an even shorter one ?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IRON MASK said:

I am not sure what is going on with the arm cup as I have not heard of any issues other than early batches has the hole too small. Have you assembled the new black piece under the handle

I apparently have the issue where the holes for the arm cup pieces were drilled too small.  I purchased my kit from a US vendor.   What is the best course of action for getting this issue resolved, dealing with the manufacturer or the vendor?  I have no contact information for the supplier as it was not included in the package.

3 hours ago, Nuke em said:

I have bought 2 of the Tele Nox stems , a Long mans and a short stem . The middle and top stems are the same in both . Only the Lower stem is longer at 29 inches . In the picture you will see an 18 inch ruler for scale . The Long mans stem is the one I am using . I think I should have bought both as long mans . The shorter lower stem is 21 inches . 

Anyway I haven't had much issue with mine. Only on one of the top camlocks when tightened the middle stem kept coming loose. I now tighten till the lugs touch and that seems to hold. Though you are supposed to only tighten the nut up when the camlock is fully open , tighten up the nut then close the camlock lever . 

When you are out in the field or beach just take the 2 Allen keys with you . Under the position just under the top camlock I wrap a small amount of insulation tape around the stem just to show it has or hasn't moved . If it does I just adjust . I seems to last a very long time before it needs it if at all  .

Other than that I have had no trouble and I have used mine in rough seas , it takes the stress . 

As after market stems go its not a bad piece of kit . I will be visiting Oz next year , and I will be taking mine with me . That's why I bought it.

The package next to the ruler it the shorter stem complete in its sleeve.

IMG_1245.JPG

Richard 

Do you have the lock nuts on yours? If not then let Tony know and he will post them. The supplier messed up with the first batch as lock nuts were in my design and they sent with regular nuts that work loose. 

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I apparently have the issue where the holes for the arm cup pieces were drilled too small.  I purchased my kit from a US vendor.   What is the best course of action for getting this issue resolved, dealing with the manufacturer or the vendor?  I have no contact information for the supplier as it was not included in the package.

Anyone that I know that had the problem were able to solve it with a pointed knife or drill in a few minutes and I have not heard anything about this issue for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I suppose if the hole were too small and you just cranked on the screw it would split the rod. Could be what’s going on, especially if some dealers are selling older stock.

Steve,

Agree, I don't want to break anything, but I can't even crank down on the screw if I wanted to.  The problem is each of the arm cup pieces have little raised nibs that contain either screw through hole or the threaded portion to receive the screw.  These allow the arm cup pieces to settle into the holes on either side of the rod and fit snugly around the rod and also captures them in place to keep them from sliding axially or radially.  Since they do not insert into the holes at all, the screw cannot reach far enough through the rod to engage the threads on the other arm cup piece.  Not really interested in retapping the holes on a carbon fiber rod and frankly shouldn't have to at this price.  I can see a few escaping to individual buyers,  but it is disappointing these were distributed to overseas vendors when it is something that takes a second to verify before you put it in the package.

Can somebody provide me with the manufacturer's contact info.  Am I supposed to contact Tony Hunt? And if so, how? Google is not helping me in this regard.