Tele-nox Rods???

10 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Can somebody provide me with the manufacturer's contact info.  Am I supposed to contact Tony Hunt? And if so, how? Google is not helping me in this regard.

Patience Chase.. they are here on the forum and I am sure they will respond. Tony joined yesterday, and Scott, the designer, this morning. But there are time differences.....

29 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Steve,

Agree, I don't want to break anything, but I can't even crank down on the screw if I wanted to.  The problem is each of the arm cup pieces have little raised nibs that contain either screw through hole or the threaded portion to receive the screw.  These allow the arm cup pieces to settle into the holes on either side of the rod and fit snugly around the rod and also captures them in place to keep them from sliding axially or radially.  Since they do not insert into the holes at all, the screw cannot reach far enough through the rod to engage the threads on the other arm cup piece.  Not really interested in retapping the holes on a carbon fiber rod and frankly shouldn't have to at this price.  I can see a few escaping to individual buyers,  but it is disappointing these were distributed to overseas vendors when it is something that takes a second to verify before you put it in the package.

Can somebody provide me with the manufacturer's contact info.  Am I supposed to contact Tony Hunt? And if so, how? Google is not helping me in this regard.

Not all of the sets from the batch were too small and not all who bought them had problems. We are not sure as to why but we made the standard size of the hole bigger. The one that I use the hole was too small for my arm cup but fit my mates arm cup well, but his arm cup was used on the original shaft for a long time and mine was brand new so it maybe related to wear on the arm cup. 

2 hours ago, IRON MASK said:

Anyone that I know that had the problem were able to solve it with a pointed knife or drill in a few minutes and I have not heard anything about this issue for a long time. 

1 hour ago, IRON MASK said:

Not all of the sets from the batch were too small and not all who bought them had problems. We are not sure as to why but we made the standard size of the hole bigger. The one that I use the hole was too small for my arm cup but fit my mates arm cup well, but his arm cup was used on the original shaft for a long time and mine was brand new so it maybe related to wear on the arm cup. 

Scott and Steve H.

Thanks for the link and additional info you both provided.  The Detecting-Innovations website did not pop up on the results when I searched on TELE-NOX or TELE-NOX shaft, just the dealers, so I could not find any direct contact information before you dropped the link on me.  Hence my perceived impatience/frustration.

Got the arm cup hole sizing issue sorted on my own with a little self-surgery, though I do not like to do that to high value, new product right out of the box, as I said previously.  Reamed it out myself, not pretty but it now accommodates the arm cups .  Anyone who has any tips on how to smooth and seal up the rough CF edges on the enlarged holes I am all ears.  CF is not fun to cut and drill., I like to leave that to the pros as I am no craftsman.

Main concern, Scott, was when you referred to the "earlier" units with small holes in a previous post was that perhaps I also had some of the older unrefined hardware pieces and that DOES appear to be the case.  Though the kit was purchased within the past few weeks, I do appear to have the older, less robust control head attachment piece and also do not appear to have the self-locking nuts on the cam lock lever attachments you mentioned above.

Will contact  D-I via the website contact info to try to get it sorted.  Anything I should know regarding key words and tricky phrases to help Tony understand my situation, especially since I am located across the pond?  Thanks again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Scott and Steve H.

Thanks for the link and additional info you both provided.  The Detecting-Innovations website did not pop up on the results when I searched on TELE-NOX or TELE-NOX shaft, just the dealers, so I could not find any direct contact information before you dropped the link on me.  Hence my perceived impatience/frustration.

Got the arm cup hole sizing issue sorted on my own with a little self-surgery, though I do not like to do that to high value, new product right out of the box, as I said previously.  Reamed it out myself, not pretty but it now accommodates the arm cups .  Anyone who has any tips on how to smooth and seal up the rough CF edges on the enlarged holes I am all ears.  CF is not fun to cut and drill., I like to leave that to the pros as I am no craftsman.

Main concern, Scott, was when you referred to the "earlier" units with small holes in a previous post was that perhaps I also had some of the older unrefined hardware pieces and that DOES appear to be the case.  Though the kit was purchased within the past few weeks, I do appear to have the older, less robust control head attachment piece and also do not appear to have the self-locking nuts on the cam lock lever attachments you mentioned above.

Will contact  D-I via the website contact info to try to get it sorted.  Anything I should know regarding key words and tricky phrases to help Tony understand my situation, especially since I am located across the pond?  Thanks again.

Thanks for doing the repair to the hole. I understand any frustration with regards to that and trust me it was tough even evaluating the correct size as if we got it too big then they would have been 100% useless, too small was the better bet until enough feedback was available because as I mentioned mine was not OK and my mates was OK even with the exact same shaft. Just let Tony know you need the lock nuts and the black part for the handle and he will know what to send. If you don't want to wait for the nuts they are an M3. Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry that you have had these issues. I hope you will be satisfied in the field. :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IRON MASK said:

Richard 

Do you have the lock nuts on yours? If not then let Tony know and he will post them. The supplier messed up with the first batch as lock nuts were in my design and they sent with regular nuts that work loose. 

I was sent 4 new nuts but its not the nuts that are the problem . Its the actual cam itself . But its holding now I have tightened it up till the cam lugs touch. The upper rod used to slide out of the middle rod but its stopped now , mostly . 

3 hours ago, IRON MASK said:

Thanks for doing the repair to the hole. I understand any frustration with regards to that and trust me it was tough even evaluating the correct size as if we got it too big then they would have been 100% useless, too small was the better bet until enough feedback was available because as I mentioned mine was not OK and my mates was OK even with the exact same shaft. Just let Tony know you need the lock nuts and the black part for the handle and he will know what to send. If you don't want to wait for the nuts they are an M3. Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry that you have had these issues. I hope you will be satisfied in the field. :-)

Scott - left a note for Tony on the site's "contact us" web form.  Thanks for your responses.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:16 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Good info... I did not even know there were two different lengths and don’t even know which length mine is! :laugh: I just Googled and bought so will have to look info that. Was fine for length however whichever one it is, but good to know should I decide to get another.

We do a long 29" lower stem also Steve that we call the Tall boy. Its on our website at  www.detecting-innovations.co.uk  We sell that basically as the spare lower stem, if its too long for people they can always cut a bit off.   

• Like 2