Tele-nox Rods???

Looks like Tony Hunts shaft..... i believe Keith Leppart (ML repairs) carries them as does Tony Hunt in the UK.   The guy on free-bay..... may be from SERIOUS DETECTING..... another who carries them.  Havent been here in the states long enough for many reviews..... someone mentioned they were a tad heavier than some of the other CF ones out there now.

• Like 1

I bought the very first one released to customers direct from my good friend Tony Hunt here in the UK, and in all honesty his Tele-Nox fully collapsible carbon shaft is a top notch bit of kit and worth every penny, when collapsed down will fit direct in a back pack.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any more reports on these? I accidentally broke my Golden Mask telescoping rod and may try one of these instead. Note to self... do not lean things on back of truck or leave them behind the truck! :laugh:

Broke my oldest set of wireless headphones also, a preproduction set with no Minelab logo I have used since day one. Super glued them back together and still going strong after three years. Not bad for a cheap headphone. My tire went over the Equinox handle but luckily missed the actual pod display area. It crushed the Golden Mask rod beyond repair and bent/distorted the Equinox lower edge of the pod a little where it meets the handle. Kind of pressed that back in and working fine, don’t really notice it but not sure I would put this one underwater now. No matters as it’s my prospecting rig.

Not one of my brighter moves. For actually being run over things did pretty well. The poor thing was smashed into the ground... wish now I had taken a photo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Any more reports on these? I accidentally broke my Golden Mask telescoping rod and may try one of these instead. Note to self... do not lean things on back of truck or leave them behind the truck! :laugh:

Truth! I have a nice dent in my tailgate right where I leaned my scoop. ?

• Haha 1

The tele-knox shaft is not what I expected! Although made very well I'm having a couple major problems... First the lower plastic piece that bolts the control pod to the shaft doesn't line up properly, and even though I had the bolts tight there was wobble in the control pod to shaft... so when you tighten up the allen head bolts it pulls on the inserts at an angle, add the wobble and bang all the inserts bust out of the control pod! Almost enough to make a grown man cry!

Second because the shaft is not round it's flat at the bottom where the rail is... the bottom arm cuff will crack! I've been dealing with Tony hunt let's just say it's not going well! Tony is in total denial of the lower arm cuff cracking he says that's Minelabs problem! He admitted to having a couple units break that's why the redesign of the lower plastic piece.. I don't have a new one yet to check!

So to my fellow detectorists buy at your own risk! I will update if I ever received the new lower plastic piece...

I included some photos sorry the one of the lower pod with the inserts ripped out I've already repaired twice thanks to the tele-knox! 

20190729_073359.jpg

20190729_073720.jpg

20190729_073347.jpg

20190729_073753.jpg

Hmmm, sorry to hear that. Yes, using an aftermarket rod is entirely at your own risk and I personally would not expect much satisfaction on any damage occurring to Minelab parts due to the use of aftermarket items. If I see a bad fit issue that may cause issues I’ll be doing something about that before I bolt things together. 

Ah well, I went ahead and ordered one anyway already, so will report back later. Mine’s coming direct from the supplier so should be latest version. $159 including shipping so not bad. At least I won’t run over it!

• Like 2

As I have stated earlier in this thread I bought one of the first of this Nox telescopic rods and I can honestly say that mine has not given me the slightest problem in use, no wobbling no twisting absolutely nothing to give me concern and I use it twice a week for eight hour detecting sessions in corn stubble so I speak as I find, an excellent and good value bit of kit.

• Like 2