Has Anyone Seen Any Difference In Super Tuning Their Machine?

I read a tip on super tuning the Tesoro Tejon and didn't see any difference in depth at all. In the tip they said to do an regular gb with sensitivity @ 10, then turn the GB + 1/4 turn (approx. 8.33 on a vdi with scale of 100), then turn the sensitivity back just until the machine stabilizes. Did some quick depth tests and found id made no difference at all.

I tried similar technique on my AT Pro and had a loss in depth of approx. 1".

Am I missing something here? Is super tuning some sort of myth?

Only manual GB Tesoro I ever used was an Outlaw.   It seemed to gain a little depth by GBing normally then turning a quarter turn negative.   If I remember correctly the “super tune” also involved a maxed threshold setting as well, but I’ve never used a delta “hot” Tesoro   

Also there are some tips on “power balancing” the detector in disc mode.  Have to crank the sensitivity, if memory serves, and then turn GB positive until it chatters then go back negative until it’s right on the edge of stability.  

• Like 1

Thanks, just tried both and doesn't seem to do any better than traditional gb on the Tejon. Thinking it's pretty maxed out anyways.