You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kac
      Took my AT Pro out in the water and didn't have too much so I hit an area near where I found some flying eagles and came across these.
      IH is 1881, the nickel is a shield 1866. Will hit that area more this fall when the undergrowth is down more, same with the water as the weeds were too thick to swing.

• By RobNC
      Was a rough week at work and needed to unwind. Have been metal detecting when I could since my vehicle accident in April.
      Today me and my wife went to a place I secured permission to earlier this year. Not been able to get there until today. The grass was grown up about 3 inches here and I broke out my Tekentics T2 factory coil. It SUCKED. Skipped right over the 1963 quarter in the photo below. I could not believe it when I dug this one. That silver was beautiful. The Cors Shrew is no joke. This little coil has made me very happy. Went on to find a 1939 mercury dime and 1951 rosie silver dime! This is the most silver I've found in the last 16 yrs. The only other silver I found was back in 2003 and it was a single worn mercury dime. I also found a couple buttons, a 1944 or 1945 nickel and a 1926 wheat penny.
      I love my Teknetics T2SE. It's an amazing piece of equipment. With that Cors coil, it's a beast. Worth every penny.

• By kac
      Found this one in between some tree roots, surprised it has the detail it has. The rough edge I was hoping it was a pine tree but still cool find.

• By 2Valen
      On Thursday I went to search for more coins in a local park and in just 15 minutes I came across this Indian Head penny.
      I would like to know the best way to clean this coin so I may have it placed in a frame and hang it on a wall.
      This is the oldest coin that I have found to date, and it even beat out a 1924 dime that I found within 15 feet of where I found this penny.
      It had a lot of mud on it when I dug it up so I ran some water on it and found the date.
      This penny was wedged between 2 roots standing on edge and about 8 inches down. I had a ID number of 19 in one direction and a 20 in another direction so I decided to dig it up.
      I used the settings that another member showed me a week earlier when we met in Casey, IL. and I am sorry for not knowing the settings off the top of my head to put them in here.
      Please if someone knows a way to clean this up I would greatly appreciate your knowledge.
      I guess I am starting to get the hang of this Equinox 800 and I can only hope that this is just the beginning of a long and wonderful relationship of metal detecting.
      Valen

• By rod-pa
      in the nasty clay prevalent in so much of the ground around where I detect....copper coins don't usually come out looking too great.  Sunday I got out to a new permission very near my house that  I have been trying to locate the owner for almost 2 years and just made contact 2 weeks ago.  The grass is crazy high (2-3 ft), so detecting was limited to areas under the trees and bushes.  Still managed what is probably my best grade Indian Head.  It still needs some more dirt picked out, but taking my time with this one.
      Going to ask permission to take my mower over there if I get time to go again.
      Happy Hunting!

• By GKman
      Hello Folks Today I went back to the spot I had dug the 1857 Seated Half Dime at lunchtime yesterday. I wasn't expecting much but decided to further test drive the different Equinox settings to see if I could get anything else from the site. At this site I frequently walk away with nothing in my pouch and so I didn't have very high expectations for today either, especially after yesterdays find. Eventually I came upon a decent deep signal and out popped a wheat cent. A wheat cent is nothing to write home about for me and I frequently joke about reburying them and Indians Head cents until they grow up in to Large Cents. Sort of Catch and Release for Detecting. But, anyhow I was impressed with the depth of the coin. I worked my way back to the Seated site, but there was a Looky Loo nearby, so I didn't recheck that exact area as much as I would have liked. I then started working my way back to my vehicle and got a decent signal. Now this signal, at this site, is almost always a bottle cap, but something about it, partially curiosity and the proximity to the Seated coin made me decide to dig it up. One barely shovelful and  out popped a holed 1779 One Reale. Amazing. I have only dug one other 1/2 Reale at this site so I don't know who is looking down at me these past couple of days, but Thank You! Video just as I recovered the Reale https://youtu.be/aBf0pLbxpzs   HH