40 Years Of Gold Detecting

Yeah, 

Sorry I swore secrecy to details about this hunt, but since your asking.....?

if we are talking about the same place it is where you found a specie as big a a beef short rib the first day you had the 19” on the ZED... There was some deeeep ground there that held some nice ones, but they couldn’t escape from the Beast ..

I had forgotten the watch,... but didn’t you get a nice coin too? 

That place was hammered but even I found a one grammar with your 2300....,(whilst waiting on ZED brains to be delivered)

We had a good camp and good grub there.

And it is where I got my first, (of many) —-Australian swearing sessions ...for doing something stupid.

I will never forget later when we were fishing at the hut and I caught the barra.... and you said very nonchalantly,

“Well, your a hell of a lot better fisherman than you are a  detectorist that’s for sure!!!”

Hahahaha.... priceless ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Nah, the watch is in the photo to show the date the lump was got I think was about 84/86, young son had a RC truck he drove it back to camp in to show off to the Missus.

Back to the yarn, coin was a 1873 UK Shilling, got me going as considered that particular area had had a good flogging but obviously not with the Z & 19". 

1 minute ago, vanursepaul said:

Oh yeah I remember that story

wheres the beef rib ....... smashed???? 

Nah, still in original form, decided to leave it that way, do it when I find the rest of the beast it fell off...…..just gotta be there somewhere...……..Should get up there with the Z + X in August before it starts to heat up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bring ya own bloody fridge...…………….?

19 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

HahHhaahha

I have 4 of them now ...I bought the yanks when they left..lolo

I think Trent might be time we seriously considered  a sentence in Tasmania, might be the only thing to straighten out Convict Paul.