Edsped

Dealer Sale Detect-ed Premium [carbon Fiber Shafts] For The Minelab Equinox

An update on the journey and a look at the finished product!

Wow, it was about this time last year that I first got to thinking about designing a shaft upgrade for my Equinox! It was initially because I was detecting in and out of the water frequently, alternating between the two environments. Each time that I'd get in-or-out I would disassemble and remove the middle rod from my stock shaft (to make it short enough for water use) then hide it on the beach... jump in the water, and then re-assemble it when I wanted to detect normally again. Hence, our first priority was improving usability for both land and sea detecting.

We started out by making about 70 of the V1 design before we then got busy further investigating materials, parts and sampling Carbon Fiber. We made some great contacts and continued to further develop the design. I trialled and tweaked the no-wobble custom clamp system and we also made sure to focus on the little details that will give durability and longevity to our products!

Details like; tweaking the ideal low gloss finish (for better scratch resistance), sourcing materials and hardware that can handle corrosive, salty environments. We even focused on setting the rubber coil washers 0.5mm further out to increase friction on the rubber. This was to provide a solution to reduce coil-ear wear (and prevent the dreaded coil-ear snap) in turn minimising the torque needed on the coil bolt!

This journey started on ‘Detector Prospector’ so I want to say thanks to Steve Herschbach for hosting this awesome forum and to the supportive fellow detectorists who have read on, commented and made suggestions! There is no doubt Detect-Ed would be in a different position today if it weren’t for you all!

It’s been a long time coming but it’s my pleasure to share with you the finished product… There are many more plans for Detect-Ed’s future endeavours so please stay tuned!

If there’s any questions, of course feel free to comment or PM me. 

Visit the website at: www.detect-ed.com

GL&HH,
Ed

DP---Detect-Ed-Full-Set-Back.jpg

DP---Detect-Ed-Red---Combo-Set.jpg

DP---Detect-Ed-Black-Set---Combo-dive.jpg

DP---Detect-Ed-Black-Set---Combo-coil-ears.jpg

DP---Detect-Ed-Black-Combo-Holeless-design.jpg

• Like 1

Hey!

What's the difference between the Classic 3K Twill Black and the Red Belly Black? just the colour of the carbon fiber?

Well that's enough to prevent me buying it, almost had a sale, I hope you're not just using the forum for free advertising and nothing more.

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Well that's enough to prevent me buying it, almost had a sale, I hope you're not just using the forum for free advertising and nothing more.

Hi mate, sorry about that, the email notifications are setup for my old email which doesn’t alert me, my partner happened to be on the computer just now which is why I’m here.

The difference for the user is purely aesthetic so the weight, dimensions and function are all the same for both models.  To have a polished (smooth and not bumpy carbon) finish the Red requires much greater care and time and the quality control must be higher also to ensure the product is 100% hence the price difference.

If in the future you need anything I’m very good with the email which is contactdetected@gmail.com but I’ll pay more attention to the notifications on from DP ?

Cheers, Ed 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, It might be a good idea to update that email.  I'll take another look at your website and work out if i still want one, I initially wanted it because I had a very early model Nox with the shaft wobble, however when I didn't get a reply I contacted Minelab about it.  Minelab replaced it for me with a new shaft with far less hassle than expected.

Ok no problem, Minelab are amazing with their warranty, I’ll update that email now and I appreciate your honesty.

Ill do my best to get back to anyone as quickly as possible, sorry I let this one slip through the crack.

• Like 1

Thanks Ed, you've redeemed yourself ?

• Thanks 1

• Similar Content

• By AMDS
      We have the Equinox 600 in stock now with a digging tool, tool belt with deluxe trash/treasure pouch, carry bag, and free shipping. Also included for a limited time (stock on hand) a 1/8" to 1/4" audio adapter cable, a $44.99 value for free. Package retail value $818.84, yours for $649
      Equinox 600 Package Deal
      Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS)
      3222 Commercial Drive
      Anchorage, AK 99501
      907-277-1741
      email parts@akmining.com

• By AMDS
      We got in a Keene ST1 Shaker Table as a sort of experiment, not having normally stocked this type of item before. Well, it's still here and it needs to find a home. So we are eating all the shipping to Alaska and selling this for Keene's recommend price of $3395 (no tax in Anchorage). And to make it a real deal we are also throwing in the $275 ST1B Base for free!
      From the Keene website:
      "This is a compact shaker table that will concentrate gold and other values down to 500 mesh and will process up to 800 pounds of placer or hard rock material per hour! Absolutely ideal for use with rock crushers and active placer operations. You can process material up to 1/4 of an inch with this table and it is equipped with built in nugget traps. All eccentrics have ball bearings for long life and precision action. The ST1 comes equipped with a magnetic separator that helps liberate the gold and provides for superior recovery.
      The ST1 Table has 4 discharge ports, an essential system for the professional:
      Port #1: Pure Gold
      Port #2: Roughing Port
      Port #3: Midlings
      Port #4: Tailings
      This table must be bolted down (see optional ST1B base) and requires a 110 Volt power source. Dimensions are 43" x 17""

We also  have a clearance sale going on all in stock gold dredges that have an air compressor on them. Lots of other deals so stop by or give us a call!

AMDS Suction Dredges On Sale Now!
      Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS)
      3222 Commercial Drive
      Anchorage, AK 99501
      907-277-1741
      parts@akmining.com
      www.akmining.com
    • By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I can get some pictures up, but I have two really good, used Minelab Pulse Induction metal detectors.  I have a Minelab GP 3000 and a Minelab GPX 4000.  I'm asking $1000.00 firm for the GP 3000 and $1500.00 for the GPX 4000.  This price does not include shipping, so we would have to figure out shipping.  
      Both units have stock accessories and some extras.  I will post more details later, but I know both of these units will sell quickly. 
      If you're interested, contact me at -
      Rob's Detector Sales
      rob@robsdetectors.com 
      Thanks!

• By Jim McCulloch
      The smallest coil made by White's Electronics for the TDI, TDI SL, and Sierra Pulse Pro metal detectors is the 6.5" diameter Super Pulse 150. It is absolutely wonderful for use in tight spaces. It can ALSO be used on the Minelab GPX Series, GPX 4000 to GPX 5000, by using a small coil to rod connector adaptor. No, cannot be used on the GPZ. Original retail price is $149.95. For those in the CONUS I can sell BRAND NEW ones, in original packaging, for $80.00 postpaid. Paypal accepted. Email me at ophirau@gmail.com.
    • By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          Going through some old inventory I found (2) brand new Coiltek 12x8.5" Platypus Waterproof Searchcoils that will work on any of the Minelab Explorer series or E-Trac.  These were super hot selling coils back in the day.  I'm not sure how I had two still left that were overlooked.  
      I'm asking $100 shipped for each coil.  

Call or email us if you have any questions. 
      Rob's Detector Sales
      www.robsdetectors.com - website
      623.362.1459 office / 602.909.9008 cell or text messages
      rob@robsdetectors.com - email 
    • By Rob Allison
      Hey Guys,
         Many probably know that Andy Sabisch just wrote a new book titled - The Equinox Series Handbook.  We now have several cases of books in stock and ready to sell.  This book is a great read and will greatly increase your knowledge on both the Minelab Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 Metal Detectors.  A must have if you are a Equinox owner, or plan on purchasing one.  
      Thanks for the great book Andy, very well done!
      You can purchase online from us at -
      https://www.robsdetectors.com/the-equinox-series-handbook-by-andy-sabisch/
      $19.95 + $4.00 US Media Mail Shipping.  
      Rob's Detector Sales
      rob@robsdetectors.com - email