Rumors Of Aussie Made GPZ Coils

Mop

28 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Judging by that photo there is obviously no patch lead adapter, but it does look like the end is snipped off a genuine coil and joint on. They carefully positioned to cable to make it hard to see.

Where it comes out of the coil is the same as the gpz14"

Dont think the chip end has been put on the cable. rather the whole cable is genuine. Just my observation after looking at the picture and my gpz14" coil at home

8 minutes ago, phoenix said:

I certainly hope this turns out to be the real deal but to me that coil looks to be about the thickness of a rice cracker.

Was thinking the same thing. But could be the angle of the picture. Sort of got the feeling that the ferrite issues with the x-coil was due to the windings of the tx and rx being so close together. If this coil is thin then the same issues may exist.

A printed spiral winding maybe? That could be pretty thin.

I got thinking that maybe the pic is just the top part to the coil, based on how thin it is.   I sure hope for this one that we don’t have to cut apart the 14 inch coil cover LOL.  Maybe you have to buy two coils to get one ? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 12:53 AM, Mop said:

A Minelab dealer down Geelong way put up the below post about an Aussie company starting to make GPZ coils.

Interesting timing, wonder if the Russian guys have forced Minelabs hand to allow a local 3rd party to make coils.

Here is the link to the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luckystrikegold/

Not looking to start a fight here, just sharing info. I don't care what coils everyone wants to run lol

Brand new GPZ coil coming soon! ?

There is a rumour in the wind that an Australian company will soon be making GPZ 7000 coils.

At present there are only Russian made after market coils being made, so hold off and bag yourself a genuine Aussie made one. They will be cheaper than the Russian coils and, as always, very well made.

No photo description available.

It's been over 3 months since this was first posted on the forum....what is the  current status of this new coil for the GPZ?

Bill