On ya Coota, exciting stuff.

• Like 2

Crikey that`s Xn good, your on a roll Coota, do the Emu...... head down arse up and into it.

• Like 2

Good going Coota, the X-Coil has payed for itself 6 times over in a week. :nugget:

cheers dave

• Like 4

Brilliant Coota!

So looking forward to butchering my 14"s lead and joining the ranks of the Xmen.

Just have to think up a new super hero name

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Damn...I am out of likes. The X coil is killing it for you Coota. Good for you mate. You just seem to be echoing what other X coil users have experienced & continue to experience. Keep up the good work. Gotta love the X coils.

Best of luck out there

JW ?  

• Like 1

X still producing on the little run. Didn’t want to take the 17x12 off the Zed and use the 19. Coiltek 18” pinged a fair percentage of these, punches deep.

C86E2DA7-C0DD-4763-AE17-009F9D96B25B.jpeg

• Like 9

Hey Coota did you compare some of the undug targets between the 17x12 X-Coil on the 7000  and the 18" Coilteck on the GPX5000

Awesome finds, keep em coming.  Great to see/read something positive, which is what it's all about. 

So X marks the spot :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By davsgold
      There have been a fair few people asking about X-Coils for the older detectors, GPX4500/5000 etc
      Now we have X-Coils for the GPX 4500/5000 a 12" spiral round, and a 15" spiral round, and then a 15x10 spiral, and also a 17x12 spiral, and a few of the 12x6 size coils are out in the field being tried already.
      So I'll be heading out to give these a run over the weekend  and guess what, No patch lead needed.

15x10 spiral for the GPX

17x12 spiral for the GPX

12" spiral round for the GPX

15" spiral round for the GPX

cheers dave
    • By phrunt
      I often wondered why X-coils came out of Russia, I know Russia has a big interest in metal detectors and has a large user base of metal detectors but I always assumed it was relics and coins that were big there like in a lot of Europe.  I never knew Russia was a country with a lot of gold.  Then I looked it up and to my surprise Russia is the 3rd largest gold producer in the world.  
      A caption from a website about Russian Gold.
      Russia recently established itself as the 3th largest gold producing nation in the world, behind China and Australia. With over 11% of the earth’s total land mass, Russia is also estimated to have the 3rd largest gold reserves in the world, with much of that gold yet to be recovered. An archaic regulatory process has limited development of many lode resources throughout the country by various mining companies. Despite these setbacks, Russia is considered to have some of the best potential for future development for gold mining in the coming decades.

You'll see in 2018 Russia was only just behind Australia in gold production with China in first place.  Sadly New Zealand doesn't even make the list 😞
      Russia is also known for very large nuggets, some of the known big nuggets are:
      A 14-pound gold nugget called the “Devil’s Ear Nugget” was discovered in 2014.
      A 22-pound gold nugget was found as recently as 2017.
      Russia’s largest gold nugget – a 79-pounder was found in the southern Ural Mountains.
      You can read about it on this website
      Now that I know these facts it's no surprise at all X-coils came from Russia,  It's also no surprise that the manufacturer of the X-coils is himself a prospector, and a very successful one too.
      Here is a couple of videos of him finding some large nuggets using the 12" Spiral wound X-coil on his GPZ.
      And some of the Gold he found recently.

Now it all makes sense why the X-coils came from Russia.   It makes my little sub gram nugget finds look very tiny 🙂

• By rasheede11
      My brothers members in this wonderful forum
      Can you tell me where to buy X-Coils gpz7000
      As well as patch cable gpz7000
      They are better than coils 14
    • By Condor
      Thanks to Davesgold and the X-Coil manufacturer, I got a gifted 17x12 Spiral Wound coil. The manufacturer took notice of my multitude of problems with the connector modification and sent me a new coil from Russia.  Bravo Zulu X-Coil for prospector support.  The weather has improved here in Sunny Yuma so I replaced the 17" round with the new coil and took it for a spin.  I balanced it over the ferrite with no problems and I experienced no bump sensitivity. 
      The first thing I noticed is how well the coil balances on my modified hip stick rig.  I do a lot of detecting in the walls of desert washes, putting the coil on its side.  The 7000 tends to get the "wee waas" if you don't keep them flat, but this coil seemed to really tone it down and it balanced really nice for less strain on my arm and shoulder.  On relatively flat ground I think I could swing this coil all day for less wear and tear on my 65 yr old frame.  I ultimately didn't find anything in the walls, but I hit some old hillside drywash tailings and popped these 3 nuggets.  All were at moderate depths but I was amazed at some of the deep iron bits I found.  Without some side by side target comparisons I can't say that my depth is improved, but I'm getting a lot better ground coverage and I can poke it in between rocks and obstructions.  Even if this coil is no better than the original Minelab 14", it's a lot more versatile.   This will be my go to coil from here on.  I'll stick the 17" round on over worked out patches, but this is my new secret weapon.
      Again, many thanks to Davesgold and X-Coil

• By Chet
      I did the Minelab cable cutting and soldering differently than specified by the manufacturer.
      Instead of cutting the cable near the Minelab connector I cut it below the Minelab curled cord and installed the 5 pin connector at that location.
      After the connector was installed and marine grade shrink tubing was applied a plastic tie wrap was attached with another piece of shrink tubing. This is used to pull the cable out of the lower end of the upper shaft since the Minelab curled cord retracts it out of reach.
      I then used a heat gun to soften and straighten approximately 8 inches of the lower X Coil curled cord. Cut it at that point and attached a new connector at 8” above the lower shaft.
      I have all three X Coils setup with three new lower shafts attached. This modification allows quick easy change of coils in couple of minutes.
      It is reasonable to be concerned about interference from the two connectors being located so close to the coil. This is not a problem since the detector only detects motion change relative to the coil.
      A simple experiment will demonstrate how the detector nulls out metal that is not changing position relative to the coil.
      Place a small test target on the ground with an aluminum soda or beer can about 2 feet from it. Swing the detector over the small test target. You will only hear the response from the large can.
      Now tape the can on top of the detector shaft 2 feet from the center of the coil. Now swing the coil over the test target and it will be detected.
      With the can attached the detector it will sound off as you lift and lower the detector to the ground since the coil is remaining flat while the shaft and can are changing position relative to the coil.
      In normal detecting when setting the detector down or lifting it I hear this sound-off with the 17” x 12” coil but not with the 10” or the 17” round coils.
      There is no effect during normal detecting since the coil is not tilting or changing position relative to the shaft.
      Have a good day,
      Chet

• By Norvic
      I have just come out of a magic winter season with the 10,12,15 X coils, I have not used my ML14 or 19 since putting them on. The X coils have made the Magic GPZ7000 a super magic detector. No teething problems, make patch lead, fit and dig gold. How good is that??? Can only say it doesn`t get any better...……...or does it. What will the X coils evolve into ????????? 
      I have no connection to X coil, or to Davsgold except as a customer, top coils, top service and express freight.