X Does It For Me

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, (KiwiJW's) having a bit of a break from forums, I hope he comes back at some point.

Add my name to the list who have missed his presence.  Simon, please let him know we appreciate his posts (and instruction) and look forward to more.  But if the pic you show is representative of his recent finds I suspect he's quite busy swinging his detector.  Your weather is turning for the better (winter almost over)?  Or are you like the Aussies and Arizonans who prefer to hunt in winter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its Russia, Minelab is not going to go after him.  He could offer it for free and jack up the cost of the coil 😆

Minelab is not going to put anything out or it would have done so already.  Time to just make it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davsgold said:

or better yet, petition Minelab to sell a licensed total coil cables to the manufacture to be installed in the aftermarket x-coils at time of being built, this would solve all the problems of cutting and splicing patch leads etc, Minelab would have another product to sell and would most likely sell many more GPZ7000 detectors, and also lower shafts.

If Minelab are going to make and sell a range of other size coils then fair enough, but how long do we wait, it's been a long time already, and obviously there is a gap in the market that is being filled right now, customers want what customers want, so if minelab don't want to supply a range of coils sizes the please at least get behind a manufacture that does.

cheers dave  

Facts, not an argument or trying to be derisive.

• Minelab were approached and were initially open to the idea. 
  • Minelab should have provided more coil options for the GPZ.
  • X coil distributor was afforded the opportunity to negotiate access to the dongle.
  • X coils are now freely available.
  • Minelab haven't prevented sales.

Right now you can buy yourself an aftermarket coil for the GPZ as has been freely discussed in this forum, the coils also work as has also been discussed by a lot of people including myself, all you have to do is find a good electronics guy who can reliably modify your existing coil, as has also been done by a lot of people (some of them not so well), and go enjoy the benefits of the lighter weight and greater variety of sizes. 

JP

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, davsgold said:

I think you would have to agree JP that the ultimate result would be a full coil cable supplied under license (pay a fee) by Minelab to be installed in the X-Coil at time of manufacture.

Yes the patch lead (dongle) works fine but is only a way to an end, and not the ultimate end result

cheers dave

Dave in spite of past differences I am still pushing hard for this type of outcome or at very least users being given more coil choices. The key issues that I could see from a corporate perspective supplying dongles is quality control on a hand-built product, I have not used the latest coils so am unsure if variations still occur, but reading between the lines here on the forum it seems the 10" ones are still quite variable.

• Like 1

Good quality control is paramount when purchasing a coil…any coil. I would also say that every coil manufacturer has 'one-off's.' It doesn't seem to be a precise science.

After all these months, I still fail to understand, both from a customer request point of view or just a business point of view, MineLab's utter silence on this very popular, highly discussed topic that involves their best prospecting product. It is mystifying and off-putting.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

After all these months, I still fail to understand, both from a customer request point of view or just a business point of view, MineLab's utter silence on this very popular, highly discussed topic that involves their best prospecting product. It is mystifying and off-putting.

Z2 which must be getting close will answer our concerns on this topic but until then, like Coota…….. X Does it for me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, davsgold said:

I was of the understanding that a 17x12 spiral X-Coil was sent to you for evaluation not that long ago, and this would be an even later serial number coil than I am using now.

cheers dave

Not in the habit of having to explain myself Dave, but to clarify as stated I have not used the latest X coils so this would then logically imply that I have not had a chance to use the evaluation coil since returning from WA. A simple PM would have cleared this up.

JP