Goodaye Paul, 

Hope soon to be running a new Dryblower in the goldfields, can you tell me please the best mesh size used on the primary (top) screen, guessing 15-20 mm

I can go a little bigger I have a rotary chain crusher directly under my primary screen

Thanks mate Majindi

Paul thanks mate are you able to put me in contact with trent email, or whatsap? 🙃 majindi

Thanks for the pictures, sweet finds!

All the best,

Lanny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By flakmagnet
      After sheltering in place for over a week, my son and I escaped to the desert to refine our social distancing. Instead of playing with settings on the 7000, I decided to work on my personal hunting technique concentrating on swing speed, 'range of motion' as JP calls it, coil control and listening for faint, vague changes in a steady threshold. My son took off to hike while I clambered down a boulder strewn and treacherous hillside with all my gear. I tuned up at the bottom and began to slowly cover ground I had already gone over in a previous post. Almost immediately I got what sounded like a small EMI tone-change in the threshold. But as I made my first boot scrape I saw my son waving from the top of the hillside and motioning for me to come up. I took off my headphones and heard him calling to me to come and help him. Now I am advancing in years and that hill is not for sissy's but he was insistent. A few minutes later I stood beside him out of breath and slightly put out,  but when he pointed at a near-by prospect hole and said "can you help me get him out?"  I was honored that he had asked me to come and help.

Somehow a desert tortoise had fallen into the excavation. My son clambered down, lifted him out and handed him to me. We put him in the shade for awhile to let him calm down after being lifted and carried around. 

After awhile, refreshed and emboldened, he took off, snacking on Spring flowers and grass shoots as he went.

My son continued his hike as I made my way back down through the rocks and resumed my hunting.

My first faint change in the threshold produced a flake so small that, if it didn't go off on the detector, I would not have believed it was gold, it looked more like a slice of silica, but it was gold. (0.01g). 

The next flake was beside a basalt rock and I made out the signal in the midst of the sound the basalt was making. That's where swing speed (slow), and coil control makes the difference between finding a bit of gold or passing it up and moving on.
      Anyway, all in all, 5 stupidly small flakes - but all of them were found because I had decided to focus on what I was doing rather than what the detector was doing. Best to everyone in this strangest of times. 

• By NV AU Hunter
      Got a good deal on vacation package to Mexico this week so brought my new Nox 800 to use on beach and ocean. This would be my 1st time using the Nox on either beach or in water. 

Day 1
      - initially tried to use the Nox fully submerged in 5ft of water in fairly calm to slightly wavy water. I only lasted 30 minutes before giving up.  Lesson learned:

* Definitely need to invest in water proof headphones. I thought with mask/snorkel and my head under water I would be able to hear (had volume set to max at 25). I could hear no sounds.  

* poor visibility also made it challenging  

- changed to hunting the beach (beach mode 1) and spent maybe 2 hours max on dry fine coral sand. I’ve only used the Nox before a few times on a lake beach with lots of black sand. 

* great detector! Stable. Was a pleasure to use. 
      * Was able to find the tiniest pieces of foil or random metal size of match head several inches down with sensitive dumbed down to 18-19  
      * I played around with settings and for me on this beach (1-4” fine white sugar sand on top then hard compact almost concrete like sand/dirt underneath)  I liked the lower sensitivity because I wanted  to limit picking up targets that were deeper down in the hard layer that I wasn’t going to dig. Sensitive I kept between 18-22 , recovery speed at 5. 

found a potential gold earring ( have to get home and test it) and some other kind of jewelry think that looks like silver with diamonds (probably aluminum with zirconium). Pics attached of finds (minus the abundance of foil type things I found). Beach is eerily empty for some reason 👀🤔

Will go out again and post any worthy pictures of Day 2 finds tomorrow 

• By Jonathan Porter
      In the hopes of continuing to keep things interesting I have some audio files I would like to share of the GPZ 7000. It will give you an idea of the incredibly subtle way the audio can respond to “iffy” targets. 
      It is amazing how important the three senses are with metal detecting, sound, sight and touch.🙈🙉🙊 When you rely on one sense only I feel disjointed and disconnected. However the material has merit and will give detector operators an insight into what it is I’m looking for especially in regards to having a good range of motion.
      The target is gold, I put pictures of it up a few days ago. The image used in the video is an indication of the width of the swing used to manifest the target properly. The key is to listen through the unimportant information for the repeatable smooth rising and falling peak of the signal train hidden in the audio. Ignore the discordant dross, what I call the yammer, it is superfluous to the activity but necessary when you work the way I do. Detector is set up with conservative settings such as High Yield/Difficult, Sensitivity 9, Volume 8, Semi Auto GB when found then locked in Manual, Threshold 27, Threshold Pitch 40, Ground Smoothing OFF, Audio Smoothing OFF. 
      Who can tell me at what Time Stamp the target signal starts?🤔
      JP

• By mn90403
      The United States has a deal with Australia about rare earths.  It is a source outside of China.
      https://www.australianmining.com.au/features/australia-us-alliance-key-to-creating-critical-minerals-hub/
    • By 2Valen
      Well today I had the rare chance to get out for a sort time and do some hunting.
      Just as I was walking out the door my wife tells me to take the dog with me. This is a small dog who is hyper as a butterfly in a wind tunnel.
      All the way to the ball field I wanted to try Rusty was being very good the whole time, and I am thinking that just maybe he was going to be good.
      When we arrived at the ball field he stayed close to me as I retrieved the old Tracker IV out of the trunk. I started to head to the field and he takes off like a rocket.
      I let him run for just a couple of minutes while I got the detector ready to start swinging. I called him over and to my surprise he came running back, and I am thinking that he is finally going to be good. I start walking in the direction that I had been wanting to search and get a wonderful tone sounding in my ears. I start digging my hole and look to see where Rusty is and he is on the other side of the field. I call him back again, tell him to sit, and start digging again. I pull out a dime (1967) try to show Rusty what I found and to my surprise he's gone again.
      Once again I look for the darn dog, and now this time he is on the opposite side of the field, so I call him again and he comes back.
      Fill in the hole and stand up.
      Now where is that dog? Yep he is on the other side of the field again and it wasn't 20 seconds since I last saw him.
      This time when he gets back I really scold him and I thought he got the message.
      Nope he didn't, just as I have another target to dig, so I stick my sod cutter i the ground to mark the spot to dig.
      I get Rusty to come back to me and we start walking back to the car so maybe I can find a leash for him.
      I look down at him and in his mouth is my sod cutter. Yep he pulled it out of the ground and carried it back to the car.
      I put him in the car with the windows half way down and walk about 30 feet away from the car and hit another good sounding tone, another dime about 6 inches deep.
      This one was a 1983, but in usable condition, nothing special about it just dirty and slightly tarnished.
      Within another 6 feet a really good sound that I had to dig, but it came out to be a Falstaff beer bottle cap.
      By this time Rusty is crying so bad I let him out and he really tried to stay by me until I found another target which turned out to be a soda can.
      Needless to say it was a very short hunt as I gave up after only 25 minutes. Lesson of this story is that never listen to the wife and never take the dog again.
      The old tracker does find good targets and junk so you never know just what will show up.

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector
      Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Owner's Manual
    • By Jonathan Porter
      This thread is a place were I can share and continually update pictures of any of my current gold finds, kind of like a gold diary of sorts. Sometimes I’ll include narrative other times it will be just pictures of what I found for the day. I get out detecting regularly and I use a lot of different equipment some of which is not open for discussion. This thread is NOT about equipment but about the gold I find as I find it. I will try to include pictures of the terrain so people can visualise what the areas look like where I‘m detecting. 
      I would prefer if others do not post up pictures to this thread but ALL DP members are more than welcome to comment and ask questions about detecting related subjects, especially about targeting locations and mind sets and approach. It’s OK to relate to a post and talk about your own experiences, in fact I insist on it. That’s the whole point of a gold thread, to share my daily gold finds and talk with like minded people about how much fun it is to find gold.
      The Last couple of days detecting things have been a little slow as I revisit old haunts not visited for years. I’m targeting areas associated with old gold finds looking for indications of other nearby locations that are conducive to nuggets being present. The signs I’m looking for are gravels that are exposed at the surface, especially with pieces of ironstone in the mix, then working off the edges into the soil covered zones. Clermont does not have channeled gravels that were originally associated with creeks and rivers but instead has deltas of wash that spread away from the source becoming water worn in the process, this means you can have quiet large areas of deco clays with very little gravels then hit an area the size of a kitchen with good wash that contains gold, sometimes it can be associated with a weathered down localised quartz reef which has acted as a trap for mobile gravels or it will be made up entirely of gravelly wash that has moved on-mass and delta’d out in a fan shape. The trick is to find these areas hidden amongst the tree cover and fine surface soils that hide them. Quite often you will head downslope following the gold then hit a blank of deco that goes for 30 meters then the gravels will start up again. The trick is to try and push the boundaries until either a major drainage gobbles up the contents of the slope or the ground becomes barren. The hard part is to try and decide if the surface soils are laying over gold gravel or just deco with nothing underneath. 
      JP
      Pics are of the last couple of days in two different locations.

Day two