Great First Use Of XP Orx

I decided to hit a hammered colonial site where the last several times there with the Nox 800 no significant non-ferrous items were found. Every couple trips I might find a cuff button. So was running the ORX with 9” round hf coin in coin fast 28khz, but switching to coin deep at 54 kHz., reactivity 3, sensitivity 94. Found 1792-1812 period American  naval button ( undetermined variety as yet). With 13 5-pointed stars and Philadelphia back mark.Also found cuff link, outside of large 2-pc ball button. 

Thesewere all found within 45 minutes, and other targets were going to be found for sure. 

I’m totally impressed with the machine. So much so that last night I  ordered a 9” XP X35 coil, because folks? The XP ORX is a keeper with a long future. Deepest target ( squarenail ) at 1 1/2. Punpointer lengths. (15”-16”)

F3158401-BB63-4489-8E62-7680266C8289.jpeg

D54D06F0-3D0A-43FE-B5A7-3C88EA8910DD.jpeg

8357C39C-0ACD-4E34-9B42-A1E94E186D0B.jpeg

12854643-F607-4CF5-AC79-9BC13D28FDAD.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 months later...

On 7/14/2019 at 8:10 AM, relicmeister said:

I decided to hit a hammered colonial site where the last several times there with the Nox 800 no significant non-ferrous items were found. Every couple trips I might find a cuff button. So was running the ORX with 9” round hf coin in coin fast 28khz, but switching to coin deep at 54 kHz., reactivity 3, sensitivity 94. Found 1792-1812 period American  naval button ( undetermined variety as yet). With 13 5-pointed stars and Philadelphia back mark.Also found cuff link, outside of large 2-pc ball button. 

Thesewere all found within 45 minutes, and other targets were going to be found for sure. 

I’m totally impressed with the machine. So much so that last night I  ordered a 9” XP X35 coil, because folks? The XP ORX is a keeper with a long future. Deepest target ( squarenail ) at 1 1/2. Punpointer lengths. (15”-16”)

F3158401-BB63-4489-8E62-7680266C8289.jpeg

D54D06F0-3D0A-43FE-B5A7-3C88EA8910DD.jpeg

8357C39C-0ACD-4E34-9B42-A1E94E186D0B.jpeg

12854643-F607-4CF5-AC79-9BC13D28FDAD.jpeg

It's an amazing machine.... For real ! .... It paid for itself in (2) weeks using it in Arizona .... 12 grams of 22 K

Manny's Phone #4 019-2.jpg

Manny's Phone #4 018.jpg

Manny's Phone #4 007.jpg

• Like 1

Manny, that’s awesome. The ORX is the real deal. Hope I get to try some gold prospecting sometime. Hope you keep getting the gold!

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, relicmeister said:

I’m totally impressed with the machine. So much so that last night I  ordered a 9” XP X35 coil, because folks? The XP ORX is a keeper with a long future.

A tardy congratulations on your very good success!  I have to agree with your comment about the XP ORX.  I bought a brand new ORX package earlier this year with the 5X9½ HF DD coil.  While versatile for many uses I mainly got it for working some of the iron littered ghost towns I hunt out west.   Then in October I got a hold of my dealer again and bought another ORX package with the 9" X35 coil.   'Kickindirt,' my dealer, is a devoted fan of the Deus but I never liked it, preferring 'simplicity.'  His enthusiasm for the Deus, however, kept my interest up and with the new ORX on the market we have 'Simplicity' yet ample 'Functional' adjustments and terrific in-the-field 'Performance.'  They don't replace the other models I've kept in my Outfit but certainly do complement them.

I hope you got out more since that July post and had comparable success.

Monte

Manny ...  I enjoy my ORX w/5X9½ HF DD coil as you were using, but haven't had success YET in some of the Eastern Oregon gold mining ghost town areas I hunt.  My age and impaired mobility have limited my mobility afoot,  but I plan on getting a side-by-side RUV for next year's adventures.  That will let me maneuver into more of their prospecting areas.

Now all I need to do is spend this coming cabin-fever season to work on some settings and mode picks to be ready for the challenge.  Would you mind sharing the op. frequency and settings that brought you that success afield?  I, and others, would appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Monte

• Like 1

It's got plenty of settings to experiment with, I am running a custom gold program that I made and man.....With the headphones you can pick up a small piece of gold in hard packed 8-10 inches at a sensitivity of 90 and a threshold of (3).... 

I'm using 26.3 khz and no discrimination..... I found a lead BB at 8" inches depth.

It's a fun and easy way to hunt......I don't get to find many coins, but I found an old silver dime...... You know the guy with the wings on his head ....... But like always dig every target......because the dang machine pics up everything......

Thanks XP

When I get home today I will give you the exact settings..... I'm on the road today heading from Phoenix to Tucson..

I agree. The Orx is an awesome detector. I have the water kit too and performs great out in the water.

16 hours ago, Monte said:

Manny ...  I enjoy my ORX w/5X9½ HF DD coil as you were using, but haven't had success YET in some of the Eastern Oregon gold mining ghost town areas I hunt.  My age and impaired mobility have limited my mobility afoot,  but I plan on getting a side-by-side RUV for next year's adventures.  That will let me maneuver into more of their prospecting areas.

Now all I need to do is spend this coming cabin-fever season to work on some settings and mode picks to be ready for the challenge.  Would you mind sharing the op. frequency and settings that brought you that success afield?  I, and others, would appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Monte

As I promised my settings are on user # 6

Sensitivity 90 but can be lowered to 85 if ground is hot

Frequency 26.6 KHZ

Reactivity 2.5

Disc IAR 0

Iron Volume OFF

Threshold (2) very light hummm

Manual Ground balance between 85 and 87 Arizona ground seems to be hot but the ORX balances good at 87

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/1/2020 at 3:07, MannyScoot said:

La XP ORX es una gran máquina ... Me encanta, pero no le gustan las rocas calientes y calientes ... La vuelve loca .....

MVIMG_20200130_142544-01.jpeg

are you using gold mode sensitivity at 85 loses depth compared to 90-95?

• Thanks 1