Anyone Still Using / Prefer Version 1.5.0 Instead Of 1.7.5 ?

No idea. I haven't hooked it up to a computer to check what version I have yet! 

It's pretty new so not sure if I need to update or if it has the update already. I'll get around to checking eventually.

Steve..... of course im the one who does lol.    I found in the wet sand the new version tended to change the TIDs more often.   The older version seems to pick up less bottle caps.... in the water especially.   The changes made didnt really affect what i was looking for ..... gold.  I did test both on a couple hundred pieces of gold......i didnt find a difference in depth when air testing.   It doesnt seem to be a good on coins on edge..... but is fair with rings on edge depending on which angle.    I still loose to many targets in the hole...... but both programs seemed to do that.   I never tested this with the NEW program..... but the old at say 25 on a quarter ....or can... seems to make sizing difficult.    Im sure a good bit of it could be .... what you started out on and learned more than real differences..... AND of course im NOT dirt hunting which is a whole different ball game.

• Thanks 1

I use 1.5.0 with the small coil (it seems to be less hot and helps with small coil "falsing") and 1.7.5 for everything else.  I have a backup machine for salt water use, so have the luxury of being able to have two machines with different firmwares available.

I am doing the above because I can, not because I have done exhaustive testing to characterize the actual performance diffrences between the two versions.  So far, in actual use I have seen very little to differentiate the two versions.  Therefore, unless testing (if I ever get around to it) reveals a significant performance difference (unlikely), I plan to eventually single up on 1.7.5 because I know that addresses the known User Profile inadvertent reset bug.

HTH

Ive also read issues with down loading..... that could i guess contribute to how the programs act.   Someone using the old program switching to the new .... hopefully tried reloading it again if it seemed out of whack.

• Like 2

I did the update and used It for a coupIe of months and then decided to try the old version.  I used the old version for about 3 hunts and hated it since the numbers were all over the place now.  I did a reset and still didn’t work good so I went back to the 1.7 version and haven’t looked back.

• 1 month later...

Quite a bit was made of ferrous falsing with the 6" coil a year ago after the upgrade, but nothing much seemed to come of it.

I did some limited testing with two Equinox 800 both set up with 6" coils on tiny gold nuggets in bad soil. Short story is I could discern no real difference. There appears to be little downside to going to 1.7.5 from my use so far and with 1.5.0 having the known issue with silver on edge I am going all in with 1.7.5 and not looking back. Thanks for the feedback folks. :smile:

Equinox - How To Check Version Or Rollback To Older Version

Thread asking same question a year ago

• Like 4

They were putting a sticker on the end of the box with the version number after the change was made but I am not sure if they are doing that with the latest units coming off the production line or not. Does not really matter I guess, just check and upgrade if needed.

Equinox - How To Check Version Or Rollback To Older Version

• Thanks 1