Another excellent read Simon, very enjoyable, and thank you for those superb photos!!! And of course a tip of my hat to JW for supplementing Simon's narrative with his timely comments too!!! Nice work fellas, and a great way to spend the weekend, thanks for sharing it with us................Jim.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, strick said:

The ole gold out of the rabbit hole trick!

Bit like the Irish magician. He couldn't pull a rabbit out of his hat. So he bent over & pulled a hare, hair, out of his arse. Sorry...couldn't help myself. The devil made me do it. 

JW ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beautiful land

• Thanks 1

Enjoyable story...sounds like a good time!

• Thanks 1

Well, I was out on a scouting mission for new ground to detect today and discovered the toilet paper plant I was talking about earlier in the thread so I thought I'd take a picture and put it up, this particular plant appears to be the new environmentally friendly wet wipe version, it won't clog up any sewers.

IMG_20190718_133640.thumb.jpg.e5785823a40c7e2a1fb387907ff234c7.jpg

The plant is quite big, I guess this one was about 10 inches across.  You just pick a few leaves off and wipe your clacker with them after a dump.

• Haha 2

An amazing read i till the dredge very much i just got an interest for this things...........

Thanks

RR

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, phrunt said:

this particular plant 

JR Beatty may confirm this as he is the resident farmer amongst us. I think this is called Lamb’s Ear in Australia. 

4 minutes ago, Northeast said:

JR Beatty may confirm this as he is the resident farmer amongst us. I think this is called Lamb’s Ear in Australia. 

It's similar to a Lambs ear, I have a Lambs ear in my garden, it's leaves although very similar are much bigger.  Thats a lambs ear in the photo below, maybe it's a Camel's ear... what other giant animals have nice soft ears? ?

s-l500.jpg

If you tried to wipe your backdoor with a Lamb's ear leaf you'd get dirty fingers.

• Like 1

Dont they have toilet paper in NZ? You dont need to bring the whole roll just part of one and put it in your backpack or pockets. Were not savages, lol. :laugh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jin said:

Dont they have toilet paper in NZ? You dont need to bring the whole roll just part of one and put it in your backpack or pockets. Were not savages, lol. :laugh:

It appears tourists don't think we even have toilets in NZ as they like to turd anywhere they feel like  ?

Probably not the sort of thing that would make the mainstream news in many countries :laugh:

I'm a savage, you put me in front of a bucket of KFC and I'll show you! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 1864hatter
      With yesterday being fathers day I went down to my claim with my dad. Targeted the same spot as last time where I got 3.2g in an hour. This time we spent almost 4hrs and did a huge amount of digging but only managed to find 1.2g. Including a little specimen, which is a bit more rare for that area.Such is life, golden day out with dad though.

• By 1864hatter
      Hi guys and girls, 
      My wife is due to give birth to our second child next weekend so I thought I'd squeeze in a quick trip up to the local gold field to find some gold. We'd had a fresh dusting of snow on the higher hills the day before and so my very pregnant wife, daughter and mother in law decided to tag along to try and find some snow. 
      We drove up to the same spot I last went to on our claim with my 2yo daughter. I was dropped off at the creek and the ladies continued on up the hill for a snow/picnic adventure. We arranged to meet back at the road in 1.5hrs time. 
      The spot I chose has a 1.5m high gravel/clay Bank resting on bedrock. Flooding has exposed the bedrock at the base and on our last trip we were successful in finding gold by removing the remaining material off the bedrock and detecting the nooks and crannies. 
      This time I applied the same method and soon found my first piece of perhaps 0.3g. There were some very large worms in some of the gravely clay which were very impressive! Some almost half a meter long! 
      So I managed to get 6 pieces for one hours digging and detecting. The largest was 1.6g and the total weight was 3.2g. A perfect quick mission before baby arrives. Alas the ladies didn't find any snow. 
      Cheers 

• By nugget hunter nz
      Still shaking after today I took my 24 k for a walk after spending hours combing the geology maps in my area and picked a random creek to go up and omg did it pan out first piece of bedrock I came to had a parralley crack running with the flow... Not normally gold catching but thought I'd swing my coil over it and it over loaded I turned down the sens and swang again solid 95 on the probability meter on the 24k so I dug down and neally had a heat attach when I saw what poped out.... Came in at 6..78oz
      Also does anyone know how to clean them up 

• By nugget hunter nz
      So my new Whites 24k arrived this morning finally after some issues with New Zealand post "before I begin I must give a big shout out to the guys at sneedens who are brokers for customs etc they made everything very simple for me... Right back to the detecter.. I wasn't sure what to expect as there is very little information out there bar the odd person and dealers pushing it. As I've owned many detectors over the years minelab grew on me as my favorite mainly because they were simply superior to the rest. Anyway I wiped up a unboxing video 
      I then moved on to do some playing just with air tests and tho they are just that air tests I was pretty dam gobsmacked to say the least as it was pouring down out side icouldn't venture out to do some ground tests but from the air tests it's got the monster for depth 
      The rain finally gave up this arvo so I grabed some gold ranging from non registering to 1.68 gm and in between. And set out for a spot close to me that was one of the big gold rush areas
      , now I'd taken the gm1000 here before and it was quite chatty in the upper sensitivity regions as the gm1000 is generally. Now once there I had a play with the 24k just with settings etc and to my surprise the ground there registered 90 on the ground balance to hot as hell was no wonder the gm1000 struggeled here but I was running the 24k max sens 10 vsat lowest it goes  and the threshold was rock stable I was using locked ground balance and I do have to say that both the ground grab and xgb was incredibly quick to balance. No the ground is full of black sand so it did kill the depth on targets but not as much as I thought and I could still get the 0.00 non registering bit even with a layer ground on top . But I have already found a quirk with this machine that's a positive if you put it in xgb but run it with a negative ground balance of about - 2 for 30 seconds or so then lock it change it to positive 2 and then manual ground grab the machine goes as quiet as a church mouse with just the threshold hum no hot rock or ground feed back only targets make any noise.. But it hit every target clean and at good depth that 6 inch round is impressive but I can't wait for the 4x6 early next month... Now I also found the threshold as almost to stable for the sensitivity as I said I started on max and was stable as with bit of ground noise that I was able to get rid of as mentioned above. Now when I turned the sensitivity down to 7 I gained depth.. Lol yes gained I think on 10 it was geting over loaded by the black sand abit even tho my threshold was rock solid I gave up playing with my gold targets and went for we hunt knowing people use it for sighting in rifles there and I managed to pick out lead fragment one after the other as I went along.. Also worth noting there is Zero and I mean zero coil noise you can bash it scrape it knock it on things and not a peep... its going to be a learning curve to learn its qurkes but so far I have to say it beats the monster in just about every aspect apart from the monster being able to be custom made on broom stick or bush branch lol.. 

• By nugget hunter nz
      Admin Note: split from existing thread here
      Hi mate just stumbled across this post I'm in the market for new vlf having had the monster1k gb2 nox800 here in nz the monster eats the gb2 for breakfast on depth size etc and I had to sell as got stuck with alot of Bill's and I've been tossing up between the older gmt and 24k or go back to a monster... what I didnt like about the monster was lack of functions even tho it does its job well I'm a seasoned user and like to tinker ... how do you find the 24k compared to the older gmt ... both in how small will either detect I'm guessing the 24k will or should pick up alot smaller gold ...and qill the 24 on right settings pick up same small stuff as the monster ? I was regurly finding almost sand size bits that wouldnt register on scale ..even tho thwy were pointless to find and sometimes anoying was nice to know I could find them ... any eedbal would be great ... Also do you know if the older goldmaster 4x6 coil is compatible with the 24k I'd love a small coil like that on one I loved the gb2 small coil for bedrock hunting over the small round