Well my Sand Shark is about finished so time to shop for a new dedicated (salt water ) beach detector. This machine will be dedicated to wet sand and/or surf only environment. Currently considering the ATX and TDIBH,, any suggestions / input would be appreciated.............Thanks!

Rob

For dedicated beach/water hunting a pulse induction detector is the only way to go.

If you have the patience to dig everything.

No VLF can compare to PI for depth.

For the money the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II can't be beat.

If you want to step up, Whites and Minelab make great beach detectors.

Whatever brand you chose, go with a PI for max saltwater depth.

• Like 1

The Equinox is a great machine for the water/wet sand and many people have found lots of gold with it.  If you have a lot of black sand or you just want to dig deeper get the TDI BH.  If the TDI is not deep enough for you then you can do the battery mod. You can also wait for the Fisher Impulse if you have that kind of time since who knows when that will be available.  Good luck

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I would like to get another PI myself one of these days but really can’t get too excited about any of the current offerings. It’s like VLF has finally made it to the 21st century but waterproof PI is still all so last century. I wish that new Fisher would hit the market.

Me too! Or at least waterproof my GPX ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I would like to get another PI myself one of these days but really can’t get too excited about any of the current offerings. It’s like VLF has finally made it to the 21st century but waterproof PI is still all so last century. I wish that new Fisher would hit the market.

Yes, I'm waiting too.  Now, whether I can afford a dedicated water PI to use one week out of a year, might be another matter.  But would like to see

I guess if somebody put a gun to my head to buy one tomorrow, I would probably get the TDI Beachhunter. Not that it is the “best”, whatever that means. It is a floater that needs to be weighted just to work correctly underwater. But I complained and lobbied for a decade trying to get White’s to make a waterproof TDI so I guess it would be fair to give one a go.

• Like 1

hola como usted, espero que el nuevo pescador, pasé años cazando con mi cz21 bajo el agua y el saldo se traduzca en kilos, hablé con el miembro Denis de este foro y mi pregunta es la siguiente. AQ, ¿será realmente bajo el agua? Realmente tengo experiencia bajo el agua y sé de lo que estoy hablando.

un saludo

The MDT-8000 is getting good reviews....

The Fisher Aqua Manta is getting good reviews....

HH
Mike