Equinox More Waterproof?

Hello all, as some of you may know, I’m a very keen water detectorist and the Equinox is my go to water hunting machine BUT, last year after about 40-50 hours of water detecting my Equinox did end up flooding from normal (not exceeding 3m) use.

From what I have read, this doesn’t appear to be entirely unusual.  My suggestion is a waterproof case for the machine that can still let you to do all the normal things with your Equinox whilst adding little weight.

I understand this isn’t for everyone but can I get a show of hands for who would like something like this and what it would take for you to consider it?

At this point the idea is purely just an idea but if there is enough perceived interest I may just make a handful ?

Cheers, Ed

If it extended the waterproof depth to say 10m I could see it being useful. Otherwise I just expect the nox to do what it says it will or minelab to make good on it, which it sounds like they are pretty good about. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the Equinox 800 , the main hold off is the depth range .

Wanted this detector for general searching & gold on land , and think the other Minelab Excalibur II is lacking for both uses ?

I did dredging in No. Ca. 80s & 90s , and would like to use before digging / dig less , and having a detector that could go deeper would be a big help .

Can not afford to have too much tied up in detectors , until I find more nuuggets ?

Had fire and lost about 5 detectors & over $200,000 tools & equipment , no insurance , so hard to recover at 65 .

Except to go deeper .