Couple Of Days 12" Xing

Where did you go to have frost?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Where did you go to have frost?

In my "back yard gold field", although I live in the tropics, am inland some 100miles at an altitude of 1800ft or 513metres, todays temp here at The Knob got down to 4.3 C to a max of 24.4 C, much colder down on creek & river flats. MN another unthought of feature of the tropics is we get viscous hail storms that sometimes leave inches of hail on the ground in our summer on hot days when the temps over 45C that`s what around 110F. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, goldwright said:

Ha ha not sure how you can lose it when you need it to get up from the ground these days.

Young fellas..... they have no respect...…………..

8 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

If he told you Mitchel he would have to kill you.:laugh: Careful Norvic, he's trying to claim jump you.  It is winter downunder & Aussie does get frosts as well. Even in the WA desert.

JW ? 

I think you could be right, MNs claim jumpin for sure, 12 gauge dissuader is needed. Hey NE what does MN look like...……..Crikey I`ve run out of likes...……….

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

Hey NE what does MN look like

Do you have a current picture of The Triantiwontigong?  There may be some comparisons  ? 

Nice gold Norvic.  A small coil on a Z looks so out of place but also very enticing. 

Sorry Mitchel, just pulling your chain  ?

• Haha 2

Ah ha, NE you may have solved The Triantiwontigong mystery, if the missing picks are returned and placed at the base of The Knob in the next couple of days, matter will go no further. ? The Knob is a small granite knob about 50ft high, Missus & I named our refirement property after, what can one do with our cousins across the ditch, after we learnt em how to play cricket proper, provide them with top gold detectors etc

The Triantiwongigongolope is sort of OZs insect equivalent of USs Sasquatch, was included in a poem by legendary OZ poet CJ Dennis way back.      https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-triantiwontigongolope/

Norvic,

I didn't think you got 'weather' up there!  I was told that everyone had left Victoria (including NE's parents) for warmer parts north in trailers by the drove and would be gone for months.  (Those are the real claim jumpers.)

My second great surprise is that some Aussies would honor a poem with the long name of Triantiwontigongolope (not Triantiwongigongolope or Triantiwontigong) when it is impossible for most of the country to spell a contraction (they are -- they're) and instead just say and write there.   Your Kiwi cousins do much the same. (Your on your way now!)  haha  ?

I think I found your pick but just like the Triantiwontigongolope I resemble you may never see me return it to you.

Finally, I must admonish you guys about waking a sleeping Triantiwontigongolope as you don't know what you will get.

Mitchel

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

everyone had left Victoria (including NE's parents)

Your quiet write Mitchel. There currently in Clermont accordion to the latest police reports.  

JP had best be on the look out, he might loose some stock out of the shop.  

Triantiwontigongolope - Us Victorians have no hope with big words. Drop Bear is much easyyer  ?

• Haha 2

JP had best be on the look out, he might loose some stock out of the shop.  

Triantiwontigongolope - Us Victorians have no hope with big words. Drop Bear is much easyyer  ?

I’ve stopped stocking them, first of all the orders would mostly get misplaced in transit and then the ones that did arrive would vanish off the shelves before I could provide them with owners reflective tape or otherwise?. I’m pretty certain they’ve been getting inside help from missing pens, hair combs and odd socks!!!?

• Haha 2