32" Detech Concentric Coil

Jin

15 hours ago, IronDigger said:

Hey jrbeatty ,

Have you had the time to take out the 18" Detech....whats the verdict...?

Yes IronDigger, but only for an hour or so. 

I put it head to head with my 18" flat wound Coiltek Elite on some gold targets sitting on ironstone conglomerate ground, (IE, air tests) using my 5000.

Similar depth for both coils on an ounce piece, also similar for a half ounce piece. The CC won convincingly, however, on a 3 gram piece.

HOWEVER: I ran both coils in "normal" timing. The 18" Elite is generally unusable in that setting on much Australian goldfield ground. The 18" CC, on the other hand , ran happily with no extraneous noise, just like its 32" big brother did for me some weeks ago. I was also able to run it in "Sharp" timing with no problems except occasionally sounding off on some shallow hot rocks.

As most GPX users are aware, "Normal" and "Sharp" are, respectively, the deepest usable goldfield timings and any coil able to run them has a considerable depth advantage over all other settings.

To say I'm pleased with the coil would be an understatement and now I can't wait to put it to work - - - but that will have to wait  :<(

Back to farming - - -

• Like 4

JRbeatty,

I  had the 18" Coiltek elite and tried using it in "normal" and have found it to be to unstable especially to hear those deep faith signals. Typically I run al my mono coils in " general" and "enhance" setting for the typical medium ground here in California. This is why I am interested in the CC coil..It appears much lighter in weight, and with time as we see more out in the field we will get more reports on its performance. Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.... I just heard about this coil today.    Of course if there was any info out there on it I knew it would be here!   🙂

It was interesting reading that this concentric coil can be run on DD mode and will reject iron like a DD coil... did I read that right??   All I need it to do is reject the shallow iron.  If it does that, the east coast relic hunters will be wanting one of these...   🙂

On 9/4/2019 at 9:00 AM, Keith Leppert said:

Hello everyone.... I just heard about this coil today.    Of course if there was any info out there on it I knew it would be here!   🙂

It was interesting reading that this concentric coil can be run on DD mode and will reject iron like a DD coil... did I read that right??   All I need it to do is reject the shallow iron.  If it does that, the east coast relic hunters will be wanting one of these...   🙂

Yes Keith, Iron reject works with these coils. 

More good news on the ($AUD) pricing from Detech Australia:

Great news! After many refinements in the manufacturing process which has reduced manufacturing costs, Detech are pleased to pass the cost savings directly on to their customers with a greatly reduced retail customer price for the new 18” concentric coil, to suit Minelab SD GP GPX machines

This 18” coil will pleasantly surprise you with its weight of 950 grams (approx) with open Skid*

The first lot of stock coils sold and these customers will all be given a refund to coincide with the new pricing

The coil will now sell for $540

Great opportunity for prospectors to experience the benefits of the concentric

Next shipment should be here next week

*A closed skid will also be available for this coil and it fits very snugly

Hey Guys,

I have been carrying Detech searchcoils for years and they have really came a long way.  There has been a lot of demand for this new, giant 32" coil here in the US.  I have about a half dozen pre-orders on them already for Minelab Pulse Induction owners, mostly GPX users. 

If anyone is looking for one here in the US, I can get you one for sure.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/detech-32-concentric-search-coil-for-minelab-gpx-gp-sd-series-gold-detectors/

$1,299.00 US with FREE Shipping/Insurance

P.S.  A friend of mine is excited to run one in Florida on some beaches he found some very nice Spanish gold coins.  There hasn't been anything this large out yet, so many beach and cache hunters will love this one beyond all the gold nugget hunters.  

32 Coil.jpg

Detech 32 Concentric Coil.jpg

6 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Yes Keith, Iron reject works with these coils. 

More good news on the ($AUD) pricing from Detech Australia:

"Great news! After many refinements in the manufacturing process which has reduced manufacturing costs, Detech are pleased to pass the cost savings directly on to their customers with a greatly reduced retail customer price for the new 18” concentric coil, to suit Minelab SD GP GPX machines

This 18” coil will pleasantly surprise you with its weight of 950 grams (approx) with open Skid*

The first lot of stock coils sold and these customers will all be given a refund to coincide with the new pricing

The coil will now sell for $540

Great opportunity for prospectors to experience the benefits of the concentric

Next shipment should be here next week

*A closed skid will also be available for this coil and it fits very snugly"

I should add that I still haven't been able to put much time in with the 18" Detech CC, but impressed so far - 

• Like 1

Wonder if these coils would work on a TDI Pro ?? most GPX designed mono coils work on a TDI but has anyone tested that theory with this coil,not sure if the TDI sl would have the power to run this coil but the Pro version could well do,i use a Detech 18'' mono coil on my TDI and it works a treat and also a 20'' mono from Jimmy Sierra so it can run coils uptp 20''.

Any thoughts about this one ??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RickUK said:

Wonder if these coils would work on a TDI Pro ?? most GPX designed mono coils work on a TDI but has anyone tested that theory with this coil,not sure if the TDI sl would have the power to run this coil but the Pro version could well do,i use a Detech 18'' mono coil on my TDI and it works a treat and also a 20'' mono from Jimmy Sierra so it can run coils uptp 20''.

Any thoughts about this one ??

Concentric coils work like a Double D coil, one RX and one TX winding, and not like a Mono that has only one winding, If your TDI can run a GPX DD then it may work.  

• Like 1