32" Detech Concentric Coil

Jin

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Paul, the biggest color we had for testing was only 10oz, so I don't know how far it would pick up something really big. I've played around with some pretty big coils in the past, but this thing takes the cake. It was picking up beer cans at about 5' or more.

PS It ran smooth even in very hot ground.

Thx for that....

im going to have to find a 20 Ozer and then see how far it will go?

Keep testing I got some places in mind....

Thx again for the reply 

I'm going to have to talk Howard into modifying the QED to run DD and now concentric coils. If he could do that and make it auto ground track, then the QED would be sensational. I know he can do do it. I'll just have to keep up the pressure.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

I'm going to have to talk Howard into modifying the QED to run DD and now concentric coils. If he could do that and make it auto ground track, then the QED would be sensational. I know he can do do it. I'll just have to keep up the pressure.

Now that might interest me enough to buy a QED. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, a ground tracking QED would be an absolute dream.... It appears he's working on it, if he succeeds he gets a big pat on the back from me.  So far I'm very happy with my QED.

I don't know much about this stuff but watching the video it seems the sound of the target only happens over the very center of the coil on the inner loop unless in mono mode, does that mean the inner loop has to pass over the target and the outside loop barely helps at all except for depth??? I might be wrong but that's what it looked like to my uneducated eyes. It was hard to see properly as he swings so fast.   Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Be gentle ?

Concentric coils do have a lead in and lead out sound, but it does not show up well in the vid, maybe because of the sweep speed?

The best target response is directly under the centre of the inner coil,  giving concentric's the best pinpointing ability of any coil design.

They do normally require a slow sweep speed, but not having used that coil, Reg or Jr may be able to elaborate on the sweep speed.

Just another thought on the concentric, it should be able to utilise the Iron Reject feature on the 5000, as it’s really just a DD coil in another configuration.

Have you tested Iron reject with it JR?

If it works well then, I’m interested.

JR is off detecting for a few days, so I shall get him to respond on his return. We found the test coil could be moved quite quickly, however it needed to be used in smaller sweeps due to the configuration. Different to a large mono.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...