32" Detech Concentric Coil

Jin

Interesting to say for sure. The round looking coil in the center may be for support but in a way it looks like a dual field coil ..

Just what is the weight of it ? Not that I’m going to run out and buy one ? I’m having enough trouble just swinging a 6” one at the other end of my Sport.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Some info on PA forum.  

1.3 kg and $1,825 AU plus postage.  

Reg has commented that he has been testing it lately on a 5000. 

The link to PA topic.  https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31334

That`s pretty impressive on the test bed.   One of those targets, and I cannot remember which one, is very tough to hear with the 7000, but the 32" hears them all no worries.  I reckon this could be a killer coil in the wide open spaces of WA.   Not a lot of ground around my way would you be able to use it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Interesting to say for sure. The round looking coil in the center may be for support but in a way it looks like a dual field coil ..

Just what is the weight of it ? Not that I’m going to run out and buy one ? I’m having enough trouble just swinging a 6” one at the other end of my Sport.

Chuck 

Hi Chuck,

The round looking coil in the center is a coil, it's the receive coil (RX), the outer coil is the transmit coil, (TX)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After two days of testing, JR Beatty and I agree that this is one very good coil.

• Like 6

Paul, the biggest color we had for testing was only 10oz, so I don't know how far it would pick up something really big. I've played around with some pretty big coils in the past, but this thing takes the cake. It was picking up beer cans at about 5' or more.

PS It ran smooth even in very hot ground.

• Like 1

It was tested on James's GPX5000 and behaved itself even in 'sharp'. Not suitable for QED as it behaves like a DD and on a QED it only runs on one winding like a mono. I am led to believe it will also be built in a 18 or 20 inch version, and if so Beatty and I want one.

• Like 2