32" Detech Concentric Coil

Jin

Ok, you guys have made me look at Detech for the first time.  What can it do for me?  Well ... I still have several machines that one of their coils could be put on so here is the beginning of my research.

What does this statement mean:

THE DETECH BRAND

Regardless of the brand that’s stamped on it, there is a big chance that your metal detecting coil is made by Detech!

Detech is the first to build coils with magnetic sensors, enabling pulse induction detectors to discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

• Like 2

RRP: $A 850. Two orders now placed with Pete (Detech Australia) 😀 

PS: Howard has made a simple modification to the internal electronics of the "Kwed" to enable it to run these coils.

• Like 2

JR that is no doubt true.

However, the tone of the statement seems to indicate a much better discrimination than the stock coils....

It could be that I have become very cynical of much advertising, I would rather get the truth from users.

inquiring minds want to know, ya know

fred

• Like 3

I want more details about that point also and I didn't find it on the Detech site.  Seems Fred has read that statement before me.

It says that it has a magnet as part of the coil and if the target is magnetic then it uses that property to help with discrimination.  Ok, this seems like a good feature but how does your detector process this information or is there a chip and circuit in the coil that does it and then you get a signal for the detector to process after that?

• Like 1

Fred's thread is here:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredmason said:

JR that is no doubt true.

However, the tone of the statement seems to indicate a much better discrimination than the stock coils....

It could be that I have become very cynical of much advertising, I would rather get the truth from users.

inquiring minds want to know, ya know

fred

Fred: I've used the 32" Detech coil and it blanks out iron like a DD on the 5000.

This feature isn't available with the QED as it doesn't have discrimination.

• Like 1

Oh ... that is part of what I was wondering.  How would it be controlled.  So, I still have a 5000 and could use that feature.

Will you be able to use the discrimination on the QED?

Mitchel