Do You Have A Four Legged Prospecting Buddy?

On 8/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, OregonGregg said:

Hi Gerry, we were down in Elko County NV last year. That's an 1853 Quarter. Was down with a few friends. Was the only coin I got on that trip. But it made me a happy camper. Up to that point, it had been awhile since I have snagged a nice silver quarter. It cleaned up pretty nice. Worn fairly good but still had some good detail. Found it with the Nokta Fors CoRe.

gregg

When you score a Seated Silver out West, that 1 find will highlight the trip.  Very nice.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Rusty loves to go with me every chance he gets. he's not much on metal detecting but loves a good fishing trip.

I just can't keep him out of the water, but he can see the fish before they hit my lures.

CAM00808.jpg

• Like 3

My Best Buddy Rocco, If I went detecting he was by my side, If I went to the claims again by my side. He was a 115 lb.'s and would let nothing sneak up on me. We had a wonderful 13 years together, and will never be forgotten !!!!! Rest in peace my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam this was a hard post !!!!!!

20180403_135843.jpg

20170610_141716.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dig It said:

We had a wonderful 13 years together, and will never be forgotten !!!!! Rest in peace my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss as I know exactly how you felt.

I had a little buddy that was probably the smartest dog in the world and I also lost him when he was 13.

Took over 6 months to get back to life without him by my side and every night I think of him still.

His name was Valen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Russell, Maltese and Miniature Poodle. He is a definite cuttle bug but will tear your shoes, socks or part of your pants off if he doesn't like you or thinks you are threatening me or my son. 

He is actually my son's dog. He is in the US Navy currently somewhere in the Atlantic on an LA class attack submarine. We got Mike Tyson as a therapy/rescue dog from the local animal shelter after two of my son's best friends committed suicide within a month of each other when my son was 16 years old. My son found one of the boys after hanging himself in a closet, and tried to revive him but it was too late.

Mike Tyson brought my son the warmth, love, fun and distraction from tragedy that he needed as a puppy and now Tyson does the same for me in retirement! Tyson actually sniffed out a 7 coin  coin-spill a few minutes ago during our morning hunt. Made my day along with a nice silver bracelet. Digging in semi-frozen ground is much more fun with Tyson along for the hunt.

thanks for asking phrunt. Your dog looks like he could do some lower extremity damage too.

Jeff

• Like 5

OK. I have outlived my 4 legged prospecting buddy and I know he will never be equaled but all of these posts are making me realize how much I miss having a non-human prospecting companion. Therefor I will start considering a replacement. But I'm going to have some very specific and discriminating criteria for my next dog which will include the following.

1. I must have at least three good working legs.

2. It's ears must stand up straight or lay flat or any combination of the two.

3. It must wag it's tail energetically - if it has one.

4. It may fart in my Jeep but NOT in my truck.

5. It must be silly enough to make me laugh when it does something stupid yet serious enough to not laugh when I do something stupid.

If any of you have such a dog let me know what you will pay to be rid of it.

Thanks. Klunker

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

His name is Quadzilla…!!!!!  He has 4-wheel drive (locker), hauls in all my stuff, plows my driveway, don't have to feed him when not in use, he never barks, never runs deer, never strays, and will last forever as long as I take care of him.  19yrs now and no signs of slowing down or letting up....

• Like 2