When hooking up to charge LED is not lighting up except with feeble glow. Charger cables and 

contact were checked. If not lighting up bright do I assume a faulty coil battery?,  how do I know?

thanks

The dimness of the coil LED had no consequence cause the coil took s full charge

and shows full on the remote. A bit odd they don’t give charging instructions with the coil- just so you know if you’re doing it correctly 

• Like 1

Hi Steve, 

so I bought the XP ORX with the 9” round

so impressed with it  I decided to get the X35

coil. I also bought a near new hf elliptical on ebay. George Kinsey likes that one especially 

( all metal mode)

• Like 1

Both the Deus and ORX are very good detectors, as are the X35 and HF coils. XP is one of the few true innovators in the industry and we are all better off due to their efforts. And now at new lower prices!

• Like 1

I certainly agree with all of that. Can’t say much for my timing, though. I paid full price for everything. I did take advantage of the summer special free Mi6, and I got the hf elliptical coil  for $375  barely used free shipping. Only after ordering that did I see the ad for the new packages and lower price platform. 

No regrets though. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the new detector Relic. I’m looking at the 9” x35 to compliment my Deus. Um just have to run it by “she whom I must obey”!

• Haha 1

BeachHunter,

These are not your run of the mill coils, they are really excellent, and the price just dropped about $85.  

Hello relicmeister

I just got a 9"  x35 coil and mine is the same i hook it up and the light on the coil is very dim.

I'm curious if all x35 are like this

I think it’s defective. I returned mine and got a new one which is perfect. Remember, when charged it will periodically blink when in sleep mode. The defective one wasn’t doing that either, although it did work. If I were you I’d contact the seller and get a replacement. 

Good luck

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chase Goldman
      Did some CW relic hunting in Virginia this week using a variety of detectors including a GPX, Equinox 800, and a Deus and came away with some great relic finds. In a single hole I found a lead disc which is a possible backing to breast plate, part of a sword belt hanger, a dropped Sharps minie ball, and a purposely flattened Eagle I Coat button (possible poker chip) along with some glass and plate shards including a piece that had the word "Baltimore" on it. the Equinox got me into that hole, probably due to the lead disc, despite terribly hot soil. At another site, I hit my bucket lister, my first US Cavalry bit boss along about a foot down using a GPX 4800 with some other dropped and fired bullets and balls, some cannon friction primers, and other pieces of brass including a flat button found elsewhere in the fields. All in all, it was a great week with that bit boss being the highlight. Thanks for stopping by.

• By kac
      I recently purchased these

They are the proper 1.5 volt and lithium batteries. They work well in my Tesoro that tends to chew up batteries fairly quickly. Will see how they hold up. They should not fade in performance as regular Alkalines do.
      $20 for 4 is pretty good. Much less than the $80 I paid for my AT Pro lithium pack.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I was charging stuff off my truck a few years ago, and at one point was not paying attention and had the heater turned on in the truck with while I had the key on but motor off. A panic situation developed when my truck was dead in an out of the way spot, but I got lucky and was able to round up a jump. Still, it spooked me and I have been taking a spare 12V battery with me in my truck on my trips by myself to remote places, especially when out of cell range.
      Driving around with a spare wet battery is a pain for various reasons, so I have been eyeballing an alternative for over a year now. My preferred option was a bit expensive for my taste, but my recent sale of extra detectors and such left me with some funds, so I pulled the trigger.
      NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V Lithium Jump Starter

This baby is overkill I am sure, but I kept worrying about cheaper units. When dealing with emergency gear I am not sure cheaper is better! Anyway, this thing will jump start almost anything, can charge detectors, etc., has a built in flashlight and 12V meter, and only weighs 6 lb 3.3 oz or 282 grams on my postal scales. On one of my upcoming outings I will find out how many times I can charge my GPZ 7000 off of it and report back, but that may be awhile.
      Specification Sheet
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I try to use rechargeables as much as possible but use alkalines for backup and around the house enough it seems I always have these batteries sitting around. I usually replace batteries in my detectors well before they are dead, so keep them to use in flashlights etc. until they really are used up. I decided I needed something simple that would test any size battery with no fuss to sort out the good from the bad. I've been using a little multimeter but wanted something simpler.
      I found the La Crosse battery tester on Amazon and it has been perfect for me. I rounded up every loose battery I had and it makes it very easy to just drop them in and test. AAA, AA, C, D, and 9V are all easily tested as good, bad, or somewhere in between. At less than $10 for a pocket sized tool it has been proven a real bargain for me.
      Anyone else got a great battery tester to report on?

• By yammy
      This has probably been covered before but I couldn't find anything...if it has a link to the relevant post will suffice.
      Just wondering, if I charge my nox after being out on a search, how long can it sit before it needs to be recharged? Or should I just top it up before going out again?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Update DEUS 5.21:
      This update 5.21 corrects sleep power issues with the DEUS headphones on version 5.2. The DEUS 5.2 can sometimes place the headphones into an unwanted standby mode as they can be turned on during charging, resulting in a slow battery discharge.
      Download Updates

XP Deus metal detector