relicmeister

XP 9” X35 Coil Charging Issue?

When hooking up to charge LED is not lighting up except with feeble glow. Charger cables and 

contact were checked. If not lighting up bright do I assume a faulty coil battery?,  how do I know?

thanks

The dimness of the coil LED had no consequence cause the coil took s full charge

and shows full on the remote. A bit odd they don’t give charging instructions with the coil- just so you know if you’re doing it correctly 

• Like 1

Good to hear your coil is fine :smile:

Hi Steve, 

so I bought the XP ORX with the 9” round

so impressed with it  I decided to get the X35

coil. I also bought a near new hf elliptical on ebay. George Kinsey likes that one especially 

( all metal mode)

• Like 1

Both the Deus and ORX are very good detectors, as are the X35 and HF coils. XP is one of the few true innovators in the industry and we are all better off due to their efforts. And now at new lower prices!

• Like 1

I certainly agree with all of that. Can’t say much for my timing, though. I paid full price for everything. I did take advantage of the summer special free Mi6, and I got the hf elliptical coil  for $375  barely used free shipping. Only after ordering that did I see the ad for the new packages and lower price platform. 

No regrets though. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the new detector Relic. I’m looking at the 9” x35 to compliment my Deus. Um just have to run it by “she whom I must obey”!

• Haha 1

BeachHunter,

These are not your run of the mill coils, they are really excellent, and the price just dropped about $85.  

Hello relicmeister

I just got a 9"  x35 coil and mine is the same i hook it up and the light on the coil is very dim.

I'm curious if all x35 are like this

I think it’s defective. I returned mine and got a new one which is perfect. Remember, when charged it will periodically blink when in sleep mode. The defective one wasn’t doing that either, although it did work. If I were you I’d contact the seller and get a replacement. 

Good luck

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan Fox
      Does the Deus have a true all metal mode?
      The traditional settings like SAT to control threshold don't appear to be there so how does it regulate itself?
      Or because it's all digital and no analogue circuitry does it do something different?

• By Steve Herschbach
      The Impulse AQ was said to have Li-Ion batteries up until recently, and is now said to be coming with a NiMH battery pack. I am guessing this is related to increasing issues surrounding the shipping and transport of Lithium Ion batteries. Especially large external batteries. See this thread.

• By Steve Herschbach
      It seems requirements around shipping or flying with Lithium Ion batteries are increasing. Either intentionally or by mistake. See this post:
      “Hi forum, I’m desperately looking for a good condition LI battery full size for my GPX 5000. I travelled half way across the world to do some winter detecting Arizona way and my airline refused my battery at check in; both hold and carry on were not permitted. Any one got a battery for sale this would help me out massively. Don't want to buy a new one as I’m only here for a month and can re-unite with mine back home.”
      Fisher Research was originally designing the new Fisher Impulse AQ with a Li-Ion battery pack but recently switched to NiMH instead for the external battery pack. It may be this decision was prompted by issues like this. It does not bode well for those traveling with large batteries in particular. On my trip to England my having a large Anker USB charger pack in my carry-on got me shunted into a separate full security check. There is a lot more scrutiny on international flights.
      Just a heads up for anyone traveling with a GPX detector. Integrated batteries like on a Equinox should pose no issues.

• By 1515Art
      I’ve been hopefully searching a club claim in Southern Nevada and although I know gold must be there the 3 trips out have been blanks, I’m finding all kinds of trash, old lead and tacks that say although no doubt pounded, not cleaned out by a long shot. Most of this junk found has been shallow but still there has to be some deeper gold hiding amongst all the trash someplace just haven’t found any out there yet. The other day I was burned out swinging the 7000 and grabbed the deus with the high frequency round coil to try something different, I hardly ever hunt nuggets for more than a few minutes with the little Frenchy trusting the power of the zed for gold. The light little deus was a pleasure, detector in one hand pick in the other and the pinpointing accuracy of the deus and target recovery improved 10 fold and I was finding almost exactly the same targets just a bit fewer (probably the gold ones). I ran the gold program against the hot program both at factory settings 50khz and switching between the two programs gave me really good idea of what I was going to find, the gold field being more sensitive and the xy screen of the hot program with full tones providing a more full picture. I was also pleased the deus seemed to handle the ground also with no problems, there were only 3 Little Rock’s in the upper right of the picture that hit hard on the deus and after taking them home for closer inspection they show tiny particles of silvery metal under high magnification that was almost impossible to photograph, its blacker in spots and silvery like mercury droplets (very tiny) in other areas with a metamorphic (I think) host rock that I’m not certain of, any ideas what this is?
      anyway, I’ve got to spend a week back in Calif working on an offer on my other place, and cleaning it up when I get back then try a few new spots in Arizona after a break before hitting my southern Nevada spot again.
      my modified Ukrainian army trench tool also worked great paired with the deus I added a longer handle, cut the blade square and embedded a super magnet into the end of the handle was a real back saver,lol.

• By groundscanner
      I just got a New Deus controller to use with my ORX shaft and HF coil.  Will the old Legacy coils, etc. work with the new Deus V5.x if I was to buy a used one?
      Thanks!