• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By RobNC
      Ok.. I've encountered some really tough ground conditions in a lot of areas that I hunt regularly. We are talking the red dirt with little shiny particles all in it that also has iron mixed in.  My Teknetics T2 struggles in it. My ORX struggles but will fish things out if you can stand the machine gun blips. I keep reading that the Equinox is more suited to deal with this. Now, I tried an Equinox 600 and found it to also cut up on certain plots of land, and the particular one I had was really horrible in iron. The tones also played tricks on my ears and I found the bleepity bling like sounds to confuse my caveman brain. The ORX has been a decent detector for me, and helped me rehabilitate myself after a car accident this year. However the tones in it are so close together that my ears can not often discriminate high from mid tone. There is no way to adjust it.
      Let's fast forward to today. The Equinox 600 does not have the adjustability of the 800 concerning tones, or at least that is my understanding. I walked away from my Equinox 600 ticked off that I could not seemingly bond with it. In my mind there was a single thought - how much better would the 800 be? For those of you that have especially used the XP ORX or the Teknetics T2 and also used an Equinox 800 I'm asking you, does the Equinox 800 do better in contaminated soil than my current 2? It is possible I will trade the XP ORX towards the EQ800. Would that be a "step-up" in capabilities? I've always found this forum and the people here honest and fair with no BS. So I ask you, would it be worth the extra money, hassle and such to truly give the Equinox 800 a chance even though I had a 600 and it didn't quite suit me. It is entirely possible the 600 I had may have had a fault of some type for all I know. And what of depth with the EQ800 vs the XP ORX?
      Reaching out to everyone in the know.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      "XP are always working on ways to improve our products, we are pleased to announce the new revised coil charging clip offering an advanced durable Polymer and upgraded charging pins."

New XP polymer charging clip
    • By Roughwater
      If you own a GPX I'm sure if you don't already have a battery back up you are probably wanting to get one.  Well, that's where I am at.  Problem is buying a 2nd battery is some 400 dollars or more.  I know Doc's has the Screamer kit with the amp and a couple smaller batteries etc which don't sound bad but it's still over 400 dollars for the complete set up.  There may be some other similar set ups as well, I don't know.  I could see the option of buying the Screamer amp for 135, the little pouch that goes around the detector for 50 and another 50 for one battery cutting the cost a bit.  But then you need a different charger for this battery so probably another 20 or so bucks.  So with shipping your probably better than 250 for the set up.  
      Some say the screamer amp is plastic and can get cracks in it easily?  I'm assuming too the screamer has a built in regulator but I don't know.   
      Anyone have experience with using the stock minelab set up VS the aftermarket one's?    
    • Guest Paul (Ca)
      By Guest Paul (Ca)
      Part of this in is for jasong with his recently acquired FisherScope T-30, battery setup. Plus, a sample of some neat FisherScope models all in working condition with the exception of the MA-two box.
      Plus, What may be the first White's Gold Master and auctally maybe the first model they made under OreMaster before becoming White's Electronics.
      Jasong, the first two pictures are of two FisherScope T-30 models, one stock with the original battery the other modified with either a 9-volt or 12 volt battery pack.
      They work with either 9 or 12 volt setup, go with 12 volts if you prefer. Use the attached pics to determine which leads to solder the battery clip, then make sure the battery is secure or covered to prevent a short...... Plus, You'll need the older headset to plug in to power on the unit, or the plug in vintage speaker I believe yours has one.  Current headsets will not work, needs to be the older vintage type.
      Ok, Moving on with the White's Gold Master.  It is powered with one 67.5 volt pack and two 1.5 volt packs. Until a few years ago, the 67.5 battery packs were available on the internet. But recently, they stopped making them. Someone out there started making a neat setup which resembles the original battery and has same battery clip setup. Using seven 9-volt batteries in series they came up with a cool setup which slides into a cartion for those needing 67.5 volts to power old radios, Metal detectors and such...one of the pics shows the 1950/1960's FisherScope T-10X and the BFO Gold Master, Both use the same 67.5 volt battery pack. And both use an additional set of 1.5 battery packs.
      In case someone wants to power up an old piece of vintage equipment, several sources are out there to provide the type of voltage needed. Hope this information helps.
      These are a sample from my collection, and with the exception of the Gold Master these are different types of Fisher Scope models. Several with painted wooden coils, And some are extremely advanced looking for their time. Jasong's T-30 was one of them, only drawback was it's an arm killer to swing.
      Thanks for looking,
      Paul

• By rumblefish
      Very interesting advance.
    • By Dan(NM)
      I need one for a project and wanted to find a cheap replacement, thanks.