Got A Call From Vince Gifford At Tesoro Yesterday...

and he needed to confirm my address to ship my repaired compadre back to me.  I sent in my compadre, I think it was last October, for warranty work.  Then, two days later I read that they had laid off all their employees.  Hadn't heard a thing since and wasn't overly distraught since I hardly ever use the compadre and I had a new equinox.  But, out of the blue yesterday Vince calls and says he put a new disc pot and a new coil on my compadre and is sending it home.  So if anyone else here had shipped one for warranty work and thought they might never get it back because the company went under there's still hope.  It seems he's still working on making good on all the warranty claims as long as they were made before they decided to call it quits.  I'm actually now looking forward to getting that little compadre back!  I never did use it a whole lot, but it has found me two gold rings.

• Like 7

Great news!!!  Good to hear they are at least repairing the machines that were sent in.  Would be better if they put a notice on the website so people that sent machines in for repair weren’t in the dark about ever seeing them again.   

Maybe there is still hope of some way to save the brand.   Doubtful at this point but I have enjoyed hunting with the Compadre and Mojave so much that I will hate to see them become relics themselves. 

• Like 2