New 24K 6x4 DD Coil Available Yet?????

Aureous reports that in the last 5 months at "worked out" Australian sites he has recovered over 500 nuggets with his Goldmaster 24k. Just wait until his health improves AND he gets the 6x4 DD Shooter! HH Jim

• Like 1

Alaska Detector, the FIRST nugget is always the hardest. I was mentored by nuggetshooting greats Jimmy Sierra and Woody Woodworth. My first nugget came on the morning of the third day hunting with them. As I plucked the raisin-sized bit from my palm, the heavens opened, rays of light beamed down on me, I could hear the Hallelujah Chorus... uhh, well maybe in my imagination. But I was thrilled. I'm glad to report that 36 years later the thrill is still there...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

that 1st bit of gold is the confidence booster. one must-do is spend time with others, nugget hunting and benefit from their experience. this will improve your time in becoming proficient. lotsa people find gold but not consistently due to poor technique, wrong settings, poorly chosen locations....learning from those more successful will save you a lot of pain and time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing on the horizon from Whites re the 6X4DD..... you heard/seen anything Jim??? 

The frequencies are similar but the shielding and receive winding isnt the same as the other Goldmaster coils. NOT compatible 😞 

• Like 1

I got just over 500 bits with my 24K in 3 months. All on ground Ive hammered with various Goldmasters, a Gold Bug 2 and GMT. Got a Gold Monster...tried it for a week....hated it. Got the 24K and never regretted it. The new XGB ground balancing system, coupled to that amazing 6" concentric coil is a real winner. Itching to get back into it once the weather improves and my shoulder fully heals after surgery. I just really need that 6x4DD to maximize the areas I can search effectively. Still waiting......

• Like 4

The 24k sends 54% more power to the coil than did the GMT. To accomplish this employs wiring to all 5 of the pin connectors for the 24k coils, whereas the GMT coil only uses wires to 4 pins. Which is why the GMT coils cannot be used on the 24k. Also, all that extra power requires more precise positioning of the internal coil wires within the loop, as well as improved shielding (so I am told). When "Spud Digger" Rob and I tested the first-generation 6x4 prototype at "Diamondville" June 1, we found it worked exceedingly well at mid-range gain settings, but at a gain of 9 it began to overload. We informed White's, and were advised that the engineers would solve the issue. This is essential prior to final FCC testing, which is HIGHLY expensive, and time-consuming. This is all I know at present. HH Jim

• Like 6

• 4 months later...