I have a Safari and have a few questions. Does wet grass have an affect on it? It is chirping like you threw tinfoil all over the ground, no matter what mode I am in.. No.2 sometimes when I use the pinpoint on the detector it will stay humming and the screen will show black no matter if it is over the target or not. Thank you.

Doesn't sound right at all. The coil sounds like it is touch sensitive if it is reacting to wet grass.

I'd be contacting Minelab or a dealer to have it looked at.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:10 PM, sharps said:

I have a Safari and have a few questions. Does wet grass have an affect on it? It is chirping like you threw tinfoil all over the ground, no matter what mode I am in.. No.2 sometimes when I use the pinpoint on the detector it will stay humming and the screen will show black no matter if it is over the target or not. Thank you.

Sharps,  Were you able to get the detector checked out and if so, how is it performing now?  Just like the other forum members said, I feel it has some issues.  I always change coils 1st to see if it is a coil or actual detector issue.

Anyway,  If you still have the Safari (one of Minelabs most underrated powerful silver killers) and want a little extra help on Silver Settings, maybe this video I did a few years back will help?

Good Luck,  Gerry

• Like 1