phrunt

Sick Of Bumping My Toggle Switches

As many GPX owners may know the GPX has toggle switches, they're quick and easy to use, but they're also quick and easy to bump... you can spend half a day detecting in a mode you didn't mean to by accident unless you check them regularly.  It's happened to me all too often.

I have a Steelphase SP01 audio enhancer for my GPX and on it's toggle switch is a handy little guard that stops you bumping it's on/off switch.

SteelPhase-edit.jpg

I've decided I want to add something like this to my GPX to prevent me screwing up bumping the switches but I can't find where to buy them, I'll have to keep hunting around online and see, and also check electronics shops next time I'm in town. 

Has anyone done something like this to their GPX or am I the only clumsy one bumping the switches all the time?  If so what switch guards were best?  There appears to be a lot of different designs.

You should just be able to use aluminum angle iron the right size, cut off the width you want and drill the hole.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lacky said:

You should just be able to use aluminum angle iron the right size, cut off the width you want and drill the hole.

Thanks, I'll look into that as an option. I'm also going to get some waterproof covers for the switches, any little thing can help if you get caught out in heavy rain.

HTB1mr.2RVXXXXasXXXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg?size=73681&height=800&width=800&hash=a95fcce9ce0bde2de021dd4b59c8a590

I'm surprised you guys don't carry a rain cover for the control unit. You could make one pretty easy out of waterproof nylon, like backpack covers.

You can use those silicone end caps for the GPX to protect the ends. I got a pair and than a case to cover it.

endcov.JPG.ca999df9669d811769156ec39708366a.JPG

gpxcov.JPG.3d2b6c291229862bba3c4c26677a8ea7.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.findmall.com/threads/registering-warranty.346157/
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://garrett.com/flipbook/sportCatalogUS2019/index.html
    • By PPP
      As many of you guys,i have waited for this machine for a long time.Actually last year my patient was at its end and i decided to buy a TDI Beachhunter. I have already a Garrett ATX , Equinox , and Garrett sea hunter. Iwanted to sell my ATX and sea hunter and put som money to buy the TDIBH. I dont know why but i decided to wait untill christmas and i assumedAQ will come as a christmas present which did'nt. Now im out of my patient again and don't know what to do? It is still nothing from Fisher.What should i DO??
    • By Gold Catcher
      Guys, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the following: Old wisdom says that gold can be found where it has been found before by others. Following this "rule", I have mostly been hunting in areas that are well known for their gold deposits and that have been heavily mined by others. This has worked well for me and I have found decent gold over the years (although I always could use some more...;). However, lately I am more and more playing with the thought to explore areas where there are no known gold deposits recorded. Here in California there are many areas that are not explored by others that have the potential for gold. I am trying to locate these areas by for instance comparing the geological maps with those maps of known deposits. By inspecting these maps I sometimes see geological formations on public land that are virtually identical to those where gold mines are located, but they have never been mined or claimed before. This happens more often in desert areas where there is a lack of water and perhaps therefore the old timers where not all over it. I am sure this is not typical for California and the same potential for "undiscovered" bonanzas exist all over the world. So, what  do you guys think about such adventurous new places? I would hate to be skunked every day for weeks and months while exploring potential new areas, but I can't help the thought that it is nearly impossible for the old timers to have caught every single gold bearing area. 
    • By Jesse
      I'm relatively new to metal detecting tailings, my experience is more with bedrock. I've found several spots close by that are old historical mining sites. My problem is I don't know what to look for, do you go to the big cobbles or smaller rocks? I've attached a few pictures hopefully they make sense. Thank you in advance.

• By Luis401
      Hi all,
      I'm from France, working with a GPX4500 of 2003.
      Yesterday when I started this old guy, I was affraid by this problem :
      - Sound when the treshold start is strange.
      - The autotune (research for free frequency) is a stable sound, with no variation.
      - And no power ! about 5 inch max for my metal digging pickaxe.
      I tried some factory resets, but the problem is always the same...
      I tried this one with another disc, trakking button, cable, headphone, battery, the problem come from the main box...
      Anyone knows this problem ?
      Thank you and have a nice day.
      Luis