phrunt

Couple Of Guys Testing A Big Range Of Nugget Finder Coils And Comparing Them To The GPZ

Here is a recent video of a couple of dudes testing out their massive range of Nugget Finder coils against the GPZ 7000 on targets they've dug into the ground in Western Australia's red dirt.  I found it quite an interesting video and shows how close a lot of coils are in performance.

I notice he doesn't appear to scrub the GPZ on the ground as much as the others, not sure the reason for that, maybe he doesn't want to damage such an expensive coil ?

By the time he's got to the GPZ all the ground scrubbing has probably made it a shallower target. :laugh:

• Like 1

Summary points:

1. every coil detected every target

2. the operator chose to wear shorts for the test when he clearly had never worn them before in his life.

Just adding because I would have only watched a couple min had I known.

4 hours ago, Lacky said:

2. the operator chose to wear shorts for the test when he clearly had never worn them before in his life.

??  I had to watch some of it just for that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a quick flick through. At 8:41 watch how much better the 17x13" Evo hits the target compared to the 17x11".  The Advantage is struggling. 

And on the 8.5g at 11", big difference between the 12x8" and 15" round. There's also a noticeable improvement over the 14x9" even with swinging the 15 super quick. 

One thing I noticed on several occasions is when he lifts the coil he often gets a loud ground noise. This tells me he wasn't ground balanced properly to begin with, or more likely in Tracking and the repeated passes over the target is messing with the ground balance. 

And lastly, how good is the 15x12" Commander! Probably the most underrated coil of all time. 

• Like 4

What I got out of it was how beneficial it is to have a range of coils but yes the 15x12 Commander holds its own. I was happy with the EVO's performance in it in comparison to the Advantage coils.  It's a shame my 15x12 Commander is DD.

Nothing wrong with the DD variant. Found many a nice piece with that coil strapped to the GP3500. 

On your 4500 you should be able to run it in Sens Extra, Boost, Mono 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      U.S. dealers are including the 19” coil free with GPZ 7000 purchases for a limited time. I’m not sure if this is being offered in Australia.

• By phrunt
      I have ordered a new size X-coil, it's a 12x8" X-Coil,  It's already in the post however it's delayed in shipping due to international shipping delays the world over.  Hopefully this coil arrives soon. I am very excited about it as I think it will be the perfect size for NZ.
      It's even in NZ's black and white colours.

This should be good in our rocky terrain on small gold.

• By klunker
      I'm not shy about it. Yup. I have big clumsy feet. The good news is it gives me stabilizing ballast should sobriety forsake me. The bad news is it's hell on GPZ 7000 lower shafts. I have broken several. To make matters worse, the lines of communication between my big feet and my small command and control center often get disrupted somewhere between my gullet and my gizzard which allows my big feet to proceed on a different heading than the rest of me. Oops, there goes another GPZ 7000 lower shaft. But I don't take full responsibility for all of these broken lower shafts. I don't recall ever breaking the good ol' GPX lower shaft and they fit at least 10 different detectors and cost less than half of a GPZ lower shaft. So I lay most of the blame at the feet of Minelab and not because of the feet of Klunker. The shaft is just plain flimsy. 
       Being a "tight wad" by nature I have tried numerous times to repair a broken lower shaft using glues, epoxies, tape, splints and every flavor of bubble gum you can imagine. Nothing worked. I finally came up with the idea of totally replacing the lower end of the shaft and it work splendidly.
       This was made from an inch and a quarter by 1 inch pvc plastic pipe tee, a fine toothed saw, a drill, a round file, a sander, a heat gun and a bit of good epoxy. 
      This repair has held up for a couple of dozen trips and survived the icy conditions of early spring detecting, which is when my big feet are at their worst. If anyone is interested I will post instructions

• By Sourdough Scott
      This is welcome news to me and GPZ 7000 owners. Can't wait to find out more information on this. Hopefully 40% lighter and less expensive. 😝
      https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/

• By flakmagnet
      Why oh why does the WM12 take such an unusually long time to recharge when the GPZ battery charges in a couple of hours, and other electronic equipment charges in (much) less time than that? I am not actually complaining but I am very curious why this is so.
      Anyone?
    • By tim Fara
      I'm killing myself trying to determine the best rout to go with PI detector. I just moved to Tennessee and with red clay mineralized soil would the White's TDI SL be a good choice or the Garrett ATX? I am new to PI detecting and thinking the TDI would be a good beginner's but should I jump all in with the ATX? I've heard the TDI is under powered but the ATX has a steep learning curve. 
      Your input is welcome!!!!